October 12, 2011

Showing The Love, Blog-Style

I love featuring guest posts on our blog. And, no, it's not just to save myself from dipping into the idea well too often. It's to showcase something different, a little treat for our readers. Now don't get me wrong, it does help spark ideas and preserve my well. And, no, I'm not above calling Mom or one of my sisters to join the party here!

Guest posts are also a way to grow my blogosphere. What better way to find new blog friends than to see a guest post on a blog I already value? It's like the song my daughter sings every Girl Scout meeting, "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold."

Today, Lisa Pollard of Insignificant at Best is featuring my post, Be Careful What You Wish For. I found Lisa's blog through the Ultimate Blog Challenge. It quickly became a favorite thanks to the way she weaves together randomness with beautiful threads of humor, honesty, and wit. Please stop by and say hello.

A sneak peek from today's guest post:

My life had many goodbyes, but just as many hellos. I’m not afraid to put myself out there and meet people, to try on another hat.

Funny, that's exactly how I feel about welcoming guests to our blog. I've met so many new people since Depression Cookies was published a year ago. What a journey it has been. I am thankful for all the bloggers, readers, writers, and others who have touched my life.

Please stop by tomorrow to read Lisa's post discussing how she picks blog topics. You don't want to miss it!

Have Internet friendships been rewarding or even surprised you?

2 comments:

lisa said...

"she weaves together randomness with beautiful threads of humor, honesty, and wit"...I think you just made me blush! Thank you for your kind words and for guest posting on my blog!!!!! :)

Tia Bach said...

Meant every word!