October 28, 2011

My First Poll: Help with this Blog's Focus

I learn from gathering information. I've never been shy about asking for directions or clarification. I remember a high school teacher who had this quote clipped to her bulletin board:

"There is no stupid question! Except, possibly, a question not asked." Christer Romson

This teacher didn't know the monster she created. I'm a curious person by nature, especially what people are thinking and what drives them to do things. I make my husband crazy with this need-to-know mentality. He's the opposite: the less he knows, the better. Not about all things. He gathers plenty of information at work. But figuring out why our daughter refuses to clean her room, not intrigued at all.

Motivated by curiosity and the desire to focus this blog's purpose, I created my very first poll using Vizu. I'm a bit computer-challenged, so it took me much longer to create than it should, but it's here and I did it.

 
Looking forward to hearing what people have to say. Please add additional comments or ideas below. Have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool tool. How do I find it? What do you plan to do with the results? Will you be reporting on the results and what you'll do in response? I'm curious to know how your poll might affect any change--if needed.

Kate @ Teaching What Is Good said...

Well, THAT was fun!!!

Tia Bach said...

Thanks for stopping by, Jackie & Kate. You can go to http://www.vizu.com/index.html to make your own pool. The site wasn't difficult, except a few tweaking problems getting the poll to look like I wanted it to (and I'm a bit anal!).

I'll definitely report the results and my response.

I have been surprised to see giveaways get "0" votes. I wonder if it's worth it sometimes to give away paperbacks (cost to ship, cost of book). And digital copies, although cheaper, need someone to have a device or be willing to read on their computer.

Hmmmmm.

Dena Hamilton said...

Love the poll idea! My advice would be to focus on what makes you who you are and the rest will flow. Good luck and Goc bless.

Tia Bach said...

Great advice, Dena! So far, the poll agrees since "reflections" is leading by a landslide. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

lisa said...

I love your blog just the way it is. I like knowing where you are with your writing and I like learning about you. Writing challenges would be fun though (reward or not), but not something I expect. :)

Tia Bach said...

Lisa, you are a dear!! ;-)