October 12, 2011

Riding the Muse Wave: ROW 80 Check In

It's the mid-week A Round of Words in 80 Days check in and I'm cruising along. I know there are worse problems to have, but I'm overwhelmed by too many ideas. Sometimes, I struggle to come up with blog post and story ideas. Not this week... ideas are coming at me left and right.

Again, not complaining. I feel like I'm on a vacation, floating on my surfboard on a gorgeous day, and staring down multiple perfect waves. Which one to take? I don't want to deliberate too long or I might miss the perfect one. But is there such a thing as a perfect one?

Now you've seen the inner workings of my overstimulated brain. Oops. I should remain more mysterious.

At the end of the day, I appreciate the blessing of choices and overflowing ideas.

Progress this week:

Depression Cookies Blog
Results: Blogging daily.
Reaction: Yeah!

Mom in Love with Fiction
Results: One post so far this week, but working on a review and another post.
Reaction: Chugging right along.

Writing
Results: I wrote 2,000 words since Sunday.
Reaction: Should be fist-pumping right now, and I would be, except... not one of these words was on the Depression Cookies follow-up or my YA novel. A new idea hit me and I ran with it, afraid to lose a single word. I honor the muse, but need her to focus!

Miscellaneous
Results: Journal writing needs some focus, especially with my girls. Hectic schedules don't help. Haven't started either writing book, but will soon.
Reaction: It'll happen!

Hope everyone is burning up the goals this week.

Are you ever faced with too many ideas? What do you do?

5 comments:

Julie Jordan Scott said...

I think most creative people are plagued by ridiculous amounts of ideas which we then need to temper or calm the heck down about... (deep breaths, deep breaths) and just choose one at a time...

and that's how I deal with it... one at a time, just one at a time....

Glad to find you via ROW80 today.

Lena Corazon said...

Oh, yes, I totally know how this goes! I definitely prefer having too many ideas to too few, but it can get a little overwhelming, trying to wade through the ideas and get everything down onto paper.

I have a running list of short little thoughts for future blog posts and story ideas, and when I can, I dip into that list and find one or two to develop a bit further. But it's a juggling act, as always, and I'm constantly trying to get better at it.

Have a wonderful rest of your week!

Lisa Carter said...

Hi Tia!

I've said this before, but it's honestly what comes to mind every time I read your posts: You amaze me! Inspire me! Wow.

I can't believe all the writing projects you juggle and succeed at. Good for you!

I had a blog brainwave just last weekend and within a short period of time had drafted and scheduled posts for the next month. Granted, I only post 3x per week and one day is for guests, so that was only about 8 posts. Still, it felt great. ;-)

Jaleh D said...

Sounds like you're doing pretty well! Keep it up and hope you have a good week.

Tia Bach said...

Thanks for the comments!

Yes, I seriously will wish I had overflowing ideas the next time I don't. Still, as exhilarating as it is, it can be exhausting. And, my bigger fear is losing some of it.

So far my fast typing is keeping up!