October 25, 2011

Filling Your Emotional Bucket: Tub-Full Tuesday

I'd be lost without the community of mothers who share all they know about parenting, and just as importantly admit to what they don't know so I feel better. Today, a fellow author and fellow mother, Melissa Foster, shared an article on Calming Your Chaos, featured in Calgary's Child Magazine. Lord knows we moms know a thing or two about chaos.

Melissa begins the article stating, "We start our days with one virtual bucket filled with emotional energy. Once we’ve expended that energy, we have nothing left to give." Sound familiar? She then offers three tips to refill your emotional bucket. Most importantly, she suggests making time for yourself and appreciating the time you manage to find. For more wonderful tips, please link to the article above.

In addition to raising six kids, Melissa Foster is the award-winning author of Megan's Way, Chasing Amanda, and Come Back to Me. She is also the founder of The Women’s Nest, a social and support community for women, and WoMen's Literary Cafe. She is always giving back, sharing what she knows, whether it's to women, writers, mothers, or all three.

Both Megan's Way and Chasing Amanda are on my Kindle, and I can't wait to read them! I recently finished reading an advanced copy of Melissa's new book, Come Back to Me. Tomorrow, I will post my review on GoodReads. For those, like me, who need to know now... lean in, I'll give you a quick overview... it's wonderful and I highly recommend it!

Thanks to Melissa, and all the other wonderful people who make it a mission to fill people's tubs (or buckets as Melissa would say).

How do you refill your emotional bucket?

For more on Melissa Foster and her wonderful books and upcoming Come Back to Me Launch Party, please visit her website.

3 comments:

Melissa Foster said...

Hi Tia,
I'm so happy that you enjoyed my article, and my book (yay!). Life can get really crazy at times--daily--and it's truly important to make time to rejuvenate. I think that's a resonating theme to many of my articles that I write. If we don't rejuvenate, we can't give back, and if we can't give to others, I fear we fall short in the happiness that we can experience.

I'm looking forward to your review! **biting nails**
xo,
Melissa

Jaleh D said...

My friends help fill mine, and I try to help keep theirs topped off too.

Tia Bach said...

Thanks, Melissa & Jaleh. You both make excellent points. I appreciate you stopping by and commenting.