October 4, 2011

Proud to be a Writer: Tub-Full Tuesday

"The maker of a sentence launches out into the infinite and builds a road into Chaos and old Night, and is followed by those who hear him with something of wild, creative delight." Ralph Waldo Emerson


I read an interesting post yesterday: The Difference between Writers and People who Write. Some really interesting points. And, although I am guilty of multi-tasking, I am proud to say I am a writer. If I was still living in Colorado, I'd shout it from the mountaintop.


Today is Tub-Full Tuesday for our blog, and my tub is filled with this newfound realization. I don't just write for writing's sake. I spend my days reading out loud and striving for the most impact with the fewest words. I go to bed with ideas swirling on what to write the next day. I have scribbled thoughts on papers all over my house. I breathe words.


The words flew out of me today. When they slowed down, I checked email to discover a "Highly recommended" review of Depression Cookies from A Cozy Reader's Corner Reviews. A highlight from the review:


"It always amazes me when two people can collaborate so well and produce an amazing book. While the career of an author is generally viewed as a solo act, I have been pleasantly surprised by co-authors, such as Tia and Angela, who pen a book together and leave you wondering where one left off and the other began. How do they make the book flow as one complete work when they are in fact two different people? It amazes me."

Thank you!


Today, I'm especially proud to be a writer. The muse may at times disappear and praises may be few and far between, but this knowledge will remain.


What have you discovered about yourself recently?

2 comments:

Carolina HeartStrings said...

We write for pleasure and know that is all that may come of it. It is great when you get a really meaningful comment where you know you've touched someone. And it is discouraging when you've poured your heart into something that gets no response. However, it is what it is, right? Tammie & I write our blog together and she and her daughter do journaling. I love that you have a blog focused on this with your daughter.

Tia Bach said...

Thanks for stopping by. Yes, writing is its own reward (although praise here and there is gratefully accepted). Mom and I are blessed to be on this writing journey together.

I know Carolina (my parents live near New Bern and have a place in Duck. I love it there!) pulls at my heartstrings!