April 30, 2017

Z = Zazu #AtoZChallenge

April 30. Sunday. The last day in April and the last day of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. I had such fun with it this year, and I hope you all have enjoyed reading the posts.

Today, I am wrapping up my exploration into what fairy tale characters can teach us today with...

Z = Zazu

I adore The Lion King. I've seen it on Broadway, at Disney World's Wild Animal Park (several times), and a smaller production in San Jose, California, and of course I've watched the movie a gazillion times. My oldest daughter loved it so much that she wore out the VHS tape. Yep, VHS tape. She is 16, almost 17, after all.

What can we learn from Zazu today?

Love your job. If you have a job, find a way to enjoy it. Or, get a new one. Zazu certainly faced challenges with watching out for a willful, young Simba. But Zazu wanted to do his best for the future king. 

A sense of humor can get you through a lot. I truly believe laughter can be the best medicine. Zazu taught us this several times, but my favorite is the scene with Scar when Zazu is singing  It's A Small World.

Thanks for spending the month of April with me. I hope you'll take a look back at posts you have missed. 

3 comments:

lissa said...

sometimes you really cannot choose your jobs but I like the idea of having a sense of humor, you really do need one to survive.

have a lovely day.

~ my Z post - Zodiac ~

Martha Reynolds said...

Congratulations, Tia, on completing the A to Z Challenge!

Jo Michaels said...

That scene where he's singing "It's a Small World" cracks me up every time! This is an awesome post :D