April 22, 2017

S = Sleeping Beauty #AtoZChallenge

Happy Saturday. I hope you have something fun in store for your weekend.

Thanks for stopping by. We are wrapping up the April Blogging from A to Z Challenge in the next week. It's been such fun! 

Today, another post on the theme of what fairy tale characters can teach us today.

S = Sleeping Beauty

Or Aurora. 

Sleeping Beauty is one of the classics of Disney cinema. A young princess is born to the delight of her parents' kingdom only to have a curse placed upon her by an evil, spurned woman. To keep their daughter safe, the King and Queen send her to live with three faeries.

Since I love songs, I have to quote a few lines from Once Upon a Dream.


I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream
I know you, that look in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you, I know what you'll do

You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream 

Sometimes we have to trust our gut and give a person a chance. Trust your heart. And of course, keep dreaming!

But, we also have to take warnings seriously from people we love and trust. If they have more knowledge than we do (as Aurora's parents did), we have to believe their intent is to help us.

To go with that, if we try to help people without telling them everything (Aurora didn't know about her curse), we won't be able to gain their trust. Keeping secrets rarely produces the desired results.

Did you think Aurora's parents should have told her about the curse?


***

It's time to share about another princess in War and Pieces: Frayed Fairy Tales. In Season 9, you'll read about Aurora as she faces a new evil, as written by the lovely NL Greene.

The cover...


For more information,

1 comment:

Jo Michaels said...

I LOVE the story of Aurora. Probably one of my favorites. I'm all about 100% honesty, so I agree with you about telling the whole truth. :) Love this post!!!