April 14, 2017

L = Lady #AtoZChallenge

Happy Friday!

It's time for the L installment of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. I've always loved fairy tales, especially since becoming a mom, so it's been fun to find fairy tale characters and explore their impact on us today for this month-long challenge.

And today...

L = Lady

Ah, Lady and the Tramp. I love dogs (we have three!), so any movie or book about dogs... count me in. At first Lady comes across as a privileged, stuck-up princess, but then she starts falling for Tramp--the dog from the wrong side of the tracks. Although I can see why her falling in love with a tramp might not be the best life lesson, what I loved about her was her confidence and innocence.

What can we learn from Lady today?

Take time to enjoy the romance and beauty of life. Is there a more iconic scene than the spaghetti scene as Belle Notte plays in the background? In the hustle and bustle of life, it's easy to get caught up in stress and responsibilities. But taking the time to smell the roses is important. Nobody lies on their death bed wishing they had stressed more.

Be receptive to love and new relationships. Sometimes people come into your life that upon first impression aren't the perfect fit. Give them a chance. They just might add the unexpected to your life.

What do you remember about Lady and the Tramp?

Note: I must say as much as I loved this film as a kid... as the mother of three daughters, I'd want my daughter to listen to the girl who said the guy was a tramp. Just saying.

And for fun... a pic of my three puppies: Serabi (Abby), Nala, and Alice. Anyone see any significance in their names? 

1 comment:

Jo Michaels said...

Your dogs are tooooo cute!!! Love their furry faces! :D <3 I see what you mean about Lady, but Tramp wasn't a tramp once he met her, right? He had eyes only for the pretty Lady. LOL! Didn't he end up being a good house dog or something? Maybe he just needed a little love. ;)