April 6, 2017

E = Elsa #AtoZChallenge

Happy Thursday and welcome to my blog. During the month of April, I will be talking fairy tales as part of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge

I'm a sucker for the classics, but I love to happen upon a new fairy tale. A few years ago, thanks to my three daughters, I became a fan of Disney's Frozen. As the oldest of three girls and the mother of three girls, I loved the tale about two sisters.

And, let's be honest... the main song, Let It Go, became a phenomenon and a song we couldn't stop singing. 

So, I had to feature Frozen in my fairy tales with a modern message.

And...

E = Elsa

While I loved he character of Anna more, and her message of love and family, Elsa had her own things to teach us as well.

What can we learn from Elsa today?

Okay, this is a more modern-day retelling, so the timeliness of the story is more apparent. But thanks to the song, the biggest lesson Elsa has for us is to embrace who we are, even if it means starting a new life. Elsa wanted to protect her sister, but she also couldn't keep fighting who she was, or continue to be ashamed of it.

Of course, she didn't realize the effect it had on those left behind. But she never stopped loving her sister, and eventually accepting that love ultimately showed Elsa how to embrace her gift and be a part of the community she loved.

Which leads me to the ultimate lesson... Trust love and the people who love you. When you try to do everything on your own, it can lead to a cold and empty existence. When people want to help, let them. It will only enrich your life.

What did Elsa teach you about life? Do you love or hate the song now?

And I apologize to anyone who never wanted it to replay in their head again if it is now looping through your mind. *giggles*

5 comments:

Jo Michaels said...

I liked the message about looking beyond what's expected of you to what you can achieve if you're willing to step outside the box.

Donna B. McNicol said...

Been out all day, trying to catch up. Nice to see you participating in A-Z.

E: Ecuador & Epcot
DB McNicol, author & traveler
Theme: Oh, the places we will go!

Weekends in Maine said...

I do still love the song. It's really beautiful. I only saw the movie one time so I'm not completely in tune with the messages but agree with the importance of letting friends and family into your life. WeekendsInMaine

Martha Reynolds said...

Good lessons to learn. Have never seen the movie, and I only looked for the song after hearing so much about it!!

Sue said...

Great theme for A to Z! I enjoyed Elsa's path as much as Anna's, and reviewed Frozen on my movie blog last year: Frozen

I still love the song, Let It Go!