April 11, 2017

I = Iago #AtoZChallenge

I hope everyone is having an amazing Tuesday! Thanks for joining me for another modern-day lesson from a fairy tale... my theme for the Blogging from A to Z Challenge

Certain letters this month will pose a challenge. Most of them come toward the end of the month (X will give us all headaches, let's just be honest), but I was a bit difficult. Then I found...

I = Iago

I love Aladdin, and Jasmine was one of my daughter's favorite princesses (so you can probably guess who will be featured tomorrow). Iago was great comic relief, but he also showed a lot of growth.

So...

What can we learn from Iago today?

It's never too late to make a change in your life and move past your previous mistakes. Iago starts out as an evil sidekick to the villain Jafar, but ultimately the bird changes his ways and becomes an ally to Aladdin. We all make mistakes. Don't let them define you forever. That would be the biggest mistake of all.

Laughter is the best medicine. I'm a big believer in humor as a salve to life's challenges. With the internet, it's easy to find something to make you smile or laugh: a cute kid video, animal pictures or videos, a clip from a comedian's routine, a clip from a movie, and so on. Search out ways to find happiness.

Too often, I feel selfish when I put my own needs first, but sometimes we have to. We don't have to be as self-serving as Iago, but I know if I get too drained, I'm no good to anyone.

Did you love Aladdin and the character of Iago? 

Join me tomorrow for... Jasmine.

1 comment:

Jo Michaels said...

Iago is such a central character to that story, too. I hope they never show us the backstory of Jafar. NOT something I want to see. I love to hate him. LOL!!