April 15, 2017

M = Mulan #AtoZChallenge

My favorite day of the week -- Saturday! Happy Easter to those who celebrate. I hope tomorrow is filled with family and special moments for everyone, whether you celebrate Easter or not.

Today brings us the letter M in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge

As I continue to explore fairy tale characters and their modern messages...

M = Mulan

Is there a more inspirational Disney character than Mulan? She goes to war to save her aging father from having to and has to pose as a young boy to do so. There's so much we can still learn from her character today, so let's get started.

What can we learn from Mulan today?

Stand up for what you believe in. Always. For too long we've all looked the other way. Silence doesn't change anything. Action does. I need to take a lesson from this. Brought up by Southern parents, I was taught--especially as a girl--to be seen and not heard. No. If you feel passionately, do something. On the other hand, if you don't, don't blabber just to hear yourself speak.

Don't set any limits on yourself. If you want to do something, do whatever is necessary to do it. You are only limited by your own thoughts.

Don't be a bystander in your own life. Get out there. Try new things. Be brave.

What life lessons did you learn from Mulan?

***

As promised, I will highlight each of the ten seasons of War and Pieces: Frayed Fairy Tales. Season 4 features Mulan--which I'm so excited about. I wrote this one with Jo Michaels. Mulan must face a creature that had been a friend before. 

And the cover...

For more information,

1 comment:

lissa said...

I agreed with you, mulan taught us a lot, but mostly if you're brave enough, you can save someone or the world

have a lovely day.

~ my M post - the seven moods of a blogger ~