December 31, 2011

Best of 2011: People's Choice Awards

The people have spoken through page views, and the blog post winners have been chosen. Let me start by thanking all the people who take the time to read my posts and a special thank you to those who comment.

I started this blog early this year, but didn't commit to it fully until May's WordCount Blogathon. Another tip of the hat to Michelle Rafter for planting the seed and giving me the confidence to soar. After that I found more wonderful writing communities who helped me with ideas and confidence: Kait Nolan's A Round of Words in 80 Days, Rachael Harrie's Writers' Platform-Building Campaign, BlogHer's NaBloPoMo, Melissa Foster's WoMen's Literary Cafe, and SheWrites.

I also want to thank the lovely bloggers who have guest posted this year: Carrie Green, Lisa Pollard, Lisa Carter, Morgan Bailey, Nicky LaMarco, Eden Sterlington, and Liz Sheffield. Plus, I can't forget to thank my mom, dad, two sisters, and my daughters for their blog posts and contributions.

The flashing light is blinking and music is starting. My thank you time is coming to an end. But lastly I do want to thank all the authors who've shared their knowledge with me and on this blog. I've learned so much!

Reader's Favorite Posts of 2011

Knock on Wood: 11/11/11 and Break Your Mother's Back: Superstitions Part Two: Both posts talk about the idea of superstitions.

Feathers and Stone: Balance: Trying to find balance, something I know most of us struggle with.

Drifting Away: Third Campaigner Challenge: Before Rachael Harrie's campaign, I really had never attempted flash fiction much less put it out there for people to read.

Why I Blog: These reasons still hold true.

What Makes me Swoon: From Husband to Vampires to Volleyball Players: A fun post outlining my crushes through the years.

What Most Southern Women Love About the F Word: Mom has written some wonderful posts this year, but this was the most viewed. I think the tantalizing title grabbed people.

I look forward to many wonderful interactions in 2012.

Please share your favorite 2011 post from your blog in the comments below. I'd love to see them!

No comments: