Don't be scared off by the title. It has nothing to do with politics! Rachael Harrie holds a Writers' Platform-Building Campaign twice a year. I participated for the first time last fall. I learned so much from the participants and Rachael's challenges and couldn't wait for the next one. Now it's here!
Some information about the Campaign from Rach Writes: Basically, the Campaign is a way to link those of us in the writing community
together with the aim of helping to build our online platforms. The Campaigners
are all bloggers in a similar position, who genuinely want to pay it forward,
make connections and friends within the writing community, and help build each
others' online platforms while at the same time building theirs.
Campaign kicks off, you'll have the names and blog addresses of the Campaigners
on my List
of Campaigners page, so you can keep in touch with the other
Campaigners. That way you’ll have a list of bloggers in the same position as
you, who genuinely want to help you succeed. And you'll be able to meet those
who have the most in common with you. You can visit their blogs and other places
they haunt, follow along, leave comments galore, and share your highs and lows
as you journey through the blogosphere and build your online platform. And
they'll be doing the same for you.
* This Fourth Campaign will be a mini-Campaign, and will run from today until
Saturday, March 17, 2012.
* The List of Campaigners will close on Wednesday, February 15th, so make sure
up before then.
* The First Campaigner Challenge will begin on Monday, February 20th and end
on Saturday, February 25th.
* The Second Campaigner Challenge will begin on Monday, March 5th and end on
Saturday, March 10th.
* I'll be running the two Campaigner Challenges I mentioned above.
* Each Friday I'll post a Campaigner Notice-Board, where you can announce
blogfests, book launches, things you'd like to share with your other
Campaigners, etc etc. You'll need to send me the information in advance, and
I've made up a form to make things easier. If you want me to include your
details in this Friday's post (February 10th), please fill out this
* There will be lots of Twitter-talk at #writecampaign, so make sure you jump
in and take part to meet, get to know, and encourage your fellow Campaigners.
Let me know in the comments if you'll be joining the Campaign this year.