I am honored to accept the Liebster Award. Time and I have been in a bit of a tussle lately, and I was losing. Emails went unnoticed, laundry undone, toilets uncleaned. This week is the week I rein it all in (or as much as I can). I have three wonderful bloggers to thank for this award.
I discovered through an online English-German dictionary that liebster means dearest (or darling). What a beautiful concept to pass on an award to dear blogger friends. Sweet! This award is intended to show love to fellow bloggers with under 200 followers.
Rule-follower that I am, let's start there:
1. Show your appreciation to the bloggers who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Bask in the camaraderie of the most supportive people on the internet—other writers.
5. And best of all—have bloggity fun and spread the love.
* Christine Calvin at Inspired Life: I met Christine through Blogathon in May. I connected with her right away, and visit her blog several times a week, if not more. She has a unique perspective, and I love hearing about her two beautiful daughters. Take a moment for inspiration, drop by her blog. Thanks, Christine!
* Annette Mackey at Perspectives... : I met Annette through the Reader's Favorite Awards. We connected in the nominee round. She's been a huge supporter, and we've become Twitter-friends. Please check out her blog and her novel, Class Collision: Fall From Grace, a gold award winner in the Young Adult, Coming of Age fiction category. Thanks, Annette!
* Elizabeth Mitchell at Leavekeeping: One of my fellow A Round of Words in 80 Days participants and now a fellow Campaigner. She has an amazing can-do attitude and always gets me pumped up to do the same. "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down" will forever make me think of her. Please stop by and show some love. Thanks, Elizabeth!
Now, for the fun part. I get to pass the award onto Five bloggers. These are blogs I'm new to, but excited about.
1. Imagination to Publication: Jessica Therrien is a fellow-campaigner, and she jumped in with both feet. She organized two ice breaker activities, so we could start getting to know each other. So much fun. She exudes enthusiasm.
2. Bethany Lopez: Bethany is also a fellow-campaigner. I was drawn to her blog the minute I saw her smiling picture. Plus, she likes the Outer Banks, one of my favorite destinations.
3. Ramblin' with AM: I met Alana during May's Blogathon. She features Civil War and wildflower posts, but is open to other subject matter. Recently, she's blogged about the flooding and Irene-backlash in upstate New York. I always appreciate her take on beauty.
4. Callie Leuck's Writing Blog: She endeared me with her story about how a bad book made her realize she could write. She comes across as knowledgeable and fun, a great combination.
5. Zook Book Nook: She had me at the title. I love it. She shows motherhood, but not always in its glory. I appreciate her candor. Plus the site is just so darn pretty!
Please visit and comment on these lovely blogs. They won't be under 200 followers for long!