Better late than never, so here goes...
1. I have moved, on average, every three years my entire life. First with my dad and now with my husband. Four and a half years is the longest I've ever lived in one house, and my three children were born in different states: IL, CA & MD. "Home is where the heart is" holds special meaning for me.
2. I require sunshine. I don't like snow or winter. Of all the places I've lived, San Diego and Colorado are my favorites. All CO is missing is the ocean to be the best place in the US. Isn't there snow in Colorado, you ask. Yes, but I lived in Superior, CO near Boulder and we were protected by the mountains. The only place I think snow is pretty is in the distance covering a mountain top.
|Blue skies, but snow in the distance... Colorado perfection|
3. I have many food phobias. Can't stand onions in any form but powder. I will throw up. I used to not eat anything green, but I have gotten past that thanks to a newfound love of green beans, lima beans, salad and avocados. I eat so much better now than I did as a child, and I'm hoping my three girls mature similarly.
4. I met my husband on my third day of college. It was a blind date. It went well. In March, we celebrated 16 years of marriage and we've been together 21 years.
5. I am the oldest of three girls and am blessed with three girls of my own. My sisters and I have given my parents seven grand-daughters. My baby sister, and Webmaster Extraordinaire, is pregnant with #8... what are the odds it's another girl? If you flip a coin eight times, you eventually get tails. We'll see.
6. My goal is to publish my second book by the time I'm 40 (8/4/12). Darn it, I just gave away my age (don't be expecting any such slip on my weight!).
7. I hate traffic and crazy drivers! Unfortunately I live near Washington, DC. Allstate recently published a list of cities with the safest drivers and DC came in dead last. And to think I was joking when I told my husband about taking my life into my hands every time I drive on the beltway.
8. I love Food Network. I'm become addicted to shows like Cupcake Wars, Chopped, and Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Unfortunately, I usually watch these at night and end up hungry.
9. I will read anything, any genre, and usually pick books based on friend recommendations. Now that I'm meeting so many writers and people in the writing community, I have a lot of new friends and my to-read pile is out of control. Time is not my friend, and my husband is wondering why I bought the Kindle if I'm still going to stack books. (I like my books!)
10. I have a wicked sense of humor and will get the giggles at the most inappropriate times. Thankfully I am gifted with a silent laugh so I don't get caught much. Just ignore me when I turn away and my body convulses.
I hope I've not bored you to death with my random facts. At number eight, I dried up and asked my husband for help.
"Help me. What's an interesting fact about me?" I asked. Silence. "Come on! Something cute or quirky." Silence. I could tell he was thinking, but silence remained. "Oh, forget it!" I sent him packing. He was thrilled about it until the girls started barking their breakfast orders. Guess I got the last laugh!
If you stop by to comment, let me know a random thing about you. The very first thing that pops in your head.