August 2, 2011

Tub-Full Tuesdays: Appreciation

We all need a little love every now and then. Nothing fills my tub more than my husband saying my hair looks nice or my kids telling me dinner is yummy. A compliment is the gift that keeps on giving.

It's gratifying every time we sell a book, but Mom and I feel a special sense of appreciation when a reader loves it. Thanks to everyone who has already contacted us. If you loved the book and haven't already let us know, please take a minute and post on our Facebook page. It will make our day.

We both felt especially appreciated yesterday when Depression Cookies was named a Finalist in the Chick Lit category of the 2011 Reader's Favorite Awards contest. Winners will be announced on September 1. Wish us luck!

What makes you feel special and appreciated?

3 comments:

Ginnie Butterfly said...

It sure is nice to feel appreciated, this morning my son told me I looked good on my way out the door - it added an extra skip in my step all day :)

Congrats to you and your mom... and good luck!

Deniz Bevan said...

I like that phrase, filling the tub! Unexpected compliments always fill my tub :-)

Tia Bach said...

Ginnie, that's so sweet... out of the mouths of babes!

Deniz, my daughter's K teacher taught her students about "filling each other's buckets" but Tub-Full Tuesdays had a better ring than Bucket-Full Tuesdays. ;-)

Thanks ladies for stopping by!