It's Tub-full Tuesday. I must give kudos again to my husband for retrieving all my computer files (take that computer, you messed with the wrong family!), a definite tub-filler this week.
But I'm also grateful to accept The Versatile Blogger award given to Depression Cookies by Lisa at insignificant at best. I'm especially honored because Lisa's blog is so beautiful in design and content. Many thanks, Lisa. I look forward to continuing to follow you. Please stop by her blog and show some love.
The Rules of accepting the Versatile Blogger Award are:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs (contact them to let them know).
Sharing for a writer should be like breathing, right? Wrong. I can create characters and even infuse them with pieces of myself, but I find it so difficult to openly discuss Tia. I'll take on the challenge, if for no other reason than I look forward to reading what all the other bloggers below write about themselves.
1. I hate onions. Hate them. I use onion powder all the time, but one bite into an onion bigger than a grain of sand, and I will throw up. Truly. I tell waiters/waitresses that I'm allergic to make sure onions are never in a dish. It makes Mexican food difficult, sadly.
2. I'm a people-watcher, insanely curious as to why people do what they do. I love open and honest people who own who they are and detail what they do. This is especially true of my fellow mothers. Nobody has the perfect child, so let's love them anyway and be honest about it.
3. I read in the bathtub. This poses a real problem for my Kindle, so paper books will always have a special place in my house. And, yes, I have dropped them in before. They dry and look all the more loved on my shelf.
4. I love to laugh. The quickest way to my heart is a joke or funny story. If you follow it with a brownie, you are golden. Which leads me to #5.
5. I'm a sugar addict. I need to work on this, and I blame my mother. She's an amazing cook and always had baked goods on hand when I was a teenager trying to survive. Nothing says I love you like a warm cookie or brownie.
6. I suck at running, yet I run several times a week. I refuse to let running beat me, but I envy runners who glide past me with grace, dignity and speed. Every foot drop causes a ripple effect when I run. I swear I make more noise on a treadmill than anyone. But I crank up the IPod music and keep going. (confession 6.5: I like to run to good beats, anything from Black Eyed Peas to Salt N Peppa)
7. My favorite sandwich grosses people out. Ready for it... peanut butter, sliced bananas and mayo. Try it before you judge!
Okay, I survived (and anyone reading hopefully survived as well) the list. Now to the best part... recommending other bloggers. My 15, in no particular order, because I love them all:
1. Teaching What is Good
2. Putting Words to Paper
3. Punk Rock Psychic
4. WAHM Solution
5. Imp3rfect Mom
6. The Billiegram
8. Inspired Life
10. Kristen Lamb's Blog
12. 100 Smile Challenge
13. Memoir, Writing & Life
15. Someday, When I'm Famous
I hope you'll take the time to visit these awesome, and often inspiring, blogs!
Thanks again to Lisa, her appreciation and generosity filled my tub this week.
What filled your tub this week?