My 7 Random Facts
1. I love books so much that I will read any genre. My only requirement, a strong lead character. I prefer female leads, but I'm always willing to make an exception for a well-drawn male character. I just posted about this on my book blog, Mom in Love with Fiction: Let's Hear it for the Girls.
2. I am afraid of horses, much to my 12-year-old daughter's chagrin. I think they are beautiful and love to watch them, but I do NOT want to be on one. This Saturday, I am spending three hours at volunteer training so my daughter can be certified to work with horses at a local horse rescue. It's her passion, so I support it. From the sidelines.
My daughter, in all her glory:
3. I want to be athletic. Notice the word want. I was Captain of my tennis team in Colorado (I miss it SO much), and I play at running. I have to put in a lot of effort to be halfway decent at sports or anything athletic. In my dreams, I'm ripped and able to do some Black Widow moves. And, yes, I did just see Avengers.
4. Which leads me to #4. I love superheroes. Always have. I was one of the few girls on my block growing up who read comics. It probably helped that I had all boy cousins. Now my girls love them.
5. I'm obsessed with Food Network. The more I try to cut back on food and lose weight, the more I watch Cupcake Wars, Chopped, Iron Chef America, and my very favorite, Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.
Actually, I reimagined Chopped as a writing challenge in a post last year: Food Network-Style Writing Challenge: Exposing my Food Obsession.
6. Speaking of food, the older I get the more foods I like. That's not working in my favor. I was such a picky child, and
7. I hate computers, and I hope Heaven is free of them. (We'll go with the assumption that Heaven is my path.) I don't trust a machine that can't do something faster than I can. Maybe I just have a slow Internet connection, but I type faster than words appear. So frustrating, especially for a writer.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know me. If I bored you to tears, please accept my humble apologies.
I've met so many wonderful new Blogathon bloggers, and I hate to choose. So, if you want to share 7 Random Facts with us, please consider yourself tagged. (Or, if you are desperate for a post to finish out May!)