February 18, 2012

What's On Your Nightstand: Campaign Fun!

Jessica Therrien, a fellow campaigner, started a fun campaign game: What's On Your Nightstand? I seem to always be chasing my tail lately, so I'm late responding. Better late than never, right?

The following books are next to my bed:

1. 11/22/63, Stephen King


2. The Book Thief, Markus Zusak


3. Bird by Bird, Anne Lamott


4. Elephant Milk, Diane Sherry Case
2011 Next Generation Indie Award Winner - Chick Lit
(Depression Cookies was a Finalist in this category, and I was curious to read the winner.)


And, since my Kindle and IPad are next to my bed, I thought I'd list three eBooks on there that I'm excited to read.

1. Oppression, Jessica Therrien -- I'm participating in the launch party on February 28. On March 8, I'll post my interview with Jessica and my review. *squeal*


2. Listening In and Other Stories, Shauna Kelley -- I loved her first novel, Max and Menna.


3. Red, Kait Nolan -- from A Round of Words in 80 Days' fearless leader.


And many, many more. Now I just need to start going to bed earlier so I can have more reading time!

What books are next to your bed (or wherever you pile books)?

10 comments:

Denise said...

Just The Printmaker's Daughter right now. (On my iPad/iPhone, I'm reading Jennster's book, In Dreaming.)

Sabrina said...

Like you, there are several, but the ones I'm currently committed to:
-Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
-Love by Leo Buscaglia
-The Artist Way by Julia Cameron

Sydney said...

Innocent in Death by J.D. Robb
Postcards From the Edge by Carrie Fisher
The Garner Files by James Garner

lisa from insignificant at best said...

I started reading The Book Thief, but stopped for some reason. I was actually liking it, so I don't know why I stopped. Have you started reading it yet?

As for what's on my nightstand, I don't have any print books (they're on my tv stand...lol), but I do have my Kindle. Here are 3 books that are on there:

1. The Sinner by Tess Gerritsen (currently reading)
2. Depression Cookies by some hack writers that I can't remember the names of ;)
3. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

This is a cool post...a great way to find some new books to add to the TBR list! :)

Tia Bach said...

Denise, I should be better about focusing. Put only one book out and then move to the next.

Sabrina, I have heard so much about Bird by Bird. I look forward to getting to it. We'll have to share thoughts.

Sydney, Great titles.

Lisa, I started reading The Book Thief, too. I could tell it needed more attention and focus than I have right now, so I shelved it for some books I need to review. Hope DC ends up being one you really enjoy!!

Thanks for commenting and giving me some more books to add to my to be read list!

Julie Glover said...

Why not, Tia?

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
The Scorch Trials (sequel to The Maze Runner) by James Dashner
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Anonyponymous by John Bemelmans Marciano (about words)
Turn Up the Heat: A Couple's Guide to Sexual Intimacy by Kevin Leman (another why not?)
Family Magic by Patti Larsen
And my Bible

I'd love to hear what you think of Bird by Bird. Enjoy the reads!

Unknown said...

I loved this. I'm stopping over from the Campaign. Cheers.

And I'm reading Looking For Alaska by John Green right now.

Tia Bach said...

Julie, You are really adding to my to be read pile! I loved Lamott's Operating Instructions.

Christopher, Thanks. So great to be meeting so many new campaigners this go-round.

Jessica Therrien said...

I LOOOVE Bird by Bird! Such an amazing book to read as a writer :)

Tia Bach said...

Jessica, I've only heard good things about Bird by Bird and I loved Lamott's Operating Instructions. I need to read it, but I have so many wonderful books staring me down right now! Yours included.