February 20, 2012

I.N.S.P.I.R.E.D.

I am featured on Kait Nolan's A Round of Words in 80 Days today. My post, I.N.S.P.I.R.E.D., spells out the following reasons why the writing community inspires me:

Imagination
Network
Support
Passion
Ideas
Reading
Entertainment
Dedication

For more details about each of these categories, please visit my post at the link above.

If I had to write the same acronym for why my children (three girls who are 11, 10 and 6) inspire me, it would be because they are:

Imaginative - Nothing fosters the imagination quite like having a child around.

Needy - They have needs, but they are quick to define them and ask for specifics. Just the kind of women I want to raise. They don't know subtle yet, so they ask for what they want when they want it. Plus, what they need from me inspires me to be a better person.

Stubborn - It's not always bad. When you feel strongly about something, you should be stubborn. My kids demonstrate this ability consistently.

Playful - Life is an endless joyride in a kid's eyes. As adults, we too often forget to enjoy life. To. Just. Play.

Important - I never question my priorities when something involves my child. It's an easy way to figure out what matters in life.

Resourceful - Tell them they have twenty minutes, and it's amazing what they can find to do.

Exciting - To see life through a child's eyes is a gift. They get excited about things I've forgotten to see the beauty in anymore. Through them I can.

Daring - Rarely does fear rule the day with children. It's something we can all learn from.

What inspires you, and why?

3 comments:

bookworm said...

I got home this evening from visiting a childhood friend. 30 years cancer free, she is now fighting cancer again. This visit has inspired me in many ways. I hope to blog about it more in the coming days.

Kelly. said...

hallo you. Just thought I'd let you know that you have been nominated for the Liebster award in my blog :D http://kellycautillo.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/liebster-blog-award-accepting-spreading-the-karma/

Tia Bach said...

Alana, My thoughts and prayers go out to your friend.

Kelly, Thank you! I hope to accept first.