October 20, 2014

Meet Some #UtopYA2014 Lovelies (Unofficial): Bethany Lopez

I’ve known Bethany Lopez online for quite a while and couldn’t wait to meet her at UtopYA. As a bonus, I was also able to meet her lovely daughter. Both have amazing smiles and such excitement for the writing community.

So, please join me in welcoming Bethany to the blog. Without further ado…

I recently noticed on your bio that you began self-publishing in 2011. If my math is correct, you have twelve titles out. So awesome! What’s your secret to such productivity?

Bethany: In the beginning my books were much shorter! J They are still quick reads, but my Melissa series and Friends & Lovers Trilogy are all novella length books, so that probably helps.

Can you share some information about your latest, 42 Hours? It’s the third book in your Time for Love series. Will there be more?  

Bethany: Yes, book 4, 15 Minutes, is releasing on November 4, and book 5, 10 Years, is scheduled for Feb 3, 2015. It is a series, but each book focuses on a different couples romance, so they can be read as stand alones.

Some additional information:

About 42 Hours

Eight years ago, Scott and Gaby shared one very special night. Not wanting to ruin their friendship, they didn't take things further...but neither of them has forgotten.

When Scott’s friends stage an intervention to make him realize that his fiancé, Victoria, is all wrong for him, he takes time to evaluate his life. He’s earned a big promotion and just bought his dream car, but those things are just superficial. The one time he was truly happy, was with Gaby.

Gaby is in a good place in her life. She loves her job, has the best friends and family a girl could ask for, and is dating a sweet and sexy guy, but she’s never stopped thinking about that night with Scott.

Eager to find happiness again, Scott makes a plan to win Gaby’s heart during a weekend getaway, but she doesn’t want to be his rebound girl. Will 42 hours be enough to convince Gaby that it's finally their time for love?

Series Reading Order
8 Weeks
21 Days
42 Hours
15 Minutes ~ Coming Nov 4, 2014

So looking forward to diving into this series. I noticed in your bio that you love to travel. So far, what have been your top three favorite places to visit, and have you ever written a location in one of your novels?

Bethany: I would have to say Italy, Scotland, and Costa Rica are three of my favorites so far. I haven’t written any of the locations in yet. I’ve stuck to either unknown locations, or cities that I’ve lived in.

Actually, my husband and I went to Costa Rica for our 15th wedding anniversary, and it's my favorite so far. So, I'm in total agreement on that one. I also loved Italy. Guess I'll have to try Scotland now. But, back to the interview... Your daughter was so excited to be at UtopYA and was so wonderful to hang out with my daughter. Do you two share similar reading tastes? Does she get to early read your novels?

Bethany: She gets to early read my YA books, but not my romance titles. We do have some similar tastes, but she is heavy into Paranormal, while I tend to read a lot of Contemporary.

My daughter is a huge fan of Paranormal as well. UtopYA2014 was so amazing, and I can't wait for UtopYA2015. What do you think makes UtopYA so special?

Bethany Lopez: The people. Hands down. From Janet, to all of the volunteers, to the amazing authors, UtopYA is an event for people who love to read. It’s like spending a long weekend with family.

Bethany with two members of Bethany's Bombshells,
her street team: Megan & Michelle
Quick Questions…

Favorite Punctuation Mark: A tie between ! and ,
Ocean or Mountains? Ohhh, this one is really hard for me. I love them both! I’d have to say… Mountains.
Favorite Alcoholic Beverage: I like my wine red, my beer dark, and my vodka with cranberry juice!
Favorite Dessert: Crème Brule
Shower or bath? Shower
Sweet or Sour? Sweet

I hope I’ll see you at next year’s UtopYA! From your bio, I discovered you love In N Out Burgers. Guess I need to bring you one from Cali next June.

Bethany: Yes! Animal style. I miss them so much!

More about Bethany

Award-Winning Author Bethany Lopez began self-publishing in June 2011. She's a lover of all things romance: books, movies, music, and life, and she incorporates that into the books she writes. When she isn't reading or writing, she loves spending time with her husband and children, traveling whenever possible. Some of her favorite things are: Kristen Ashley Books, coffee in the morning, and In N Out burgers.

Connect with her on Social Media
IAN 
Blog 

Please come back for more #UtopYA2014 Lovelies (Unofficial), and check out the announcement post to see the schedule.

1 comment:

Jo Michaels said...

Whazza In N Out burger? Guess I need to visit California! Yay! :)

Wonderful interview, you two! I can't wait to see you both again next year!

HUGS! WRITE ON!