This is the time of year where I want to crawl into bed, slip under the covers, and marathon-watch television shows and movies (with some book breaks and occasional food). Trying to mentally gear up for this last quarter is making me exhausted. Something about the holidays, as much as I love them, is draining.
So, it's a good time to join another round of A Round of Words in 80 Days (ROW80) and state my goals. I'm really going to need some help crossing the finish line for this year as strongly as I started.
I have been struggling lately with an overwhelming list of to-dos and some Life stuff. But, I'm determined to get some things done this round. No. More. Excuses.*
- Finish Chasing Forgiveness by October 31
- Outline Chasing Destiny by October 31
- Write Chasing Destiny during NaNoWriMo
- Amp up marketing efforts on Chasing Shadows
- Edit and market Fractured Glass
- Exercise 5-6 times per week -- stress reliever and health
- IBGW Edits & Proofreads
- Keep this blog fresh and updated with blog posts every M, W, F
- ROW80 updates on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Check in with at least 5 ROW80 peeps each check-in date
- Check in with at least 10 other blogs Monday through Friday
- Be more active on Facebook & Twitter
- Read more indie-published books and post reviews
Okay, I admit it; I hyperventilated for a moment after reading my list. So, instead of just making a list, I'm going to make a plan. So, from now until the end of 2014, I'm going to...
- Write for one hour each day. Minimum.
- Hang out on social media 4 times a day for 20 minutes each (using a timer).
- Pre-write posts on Saturday mornings.
- Wake up an hour earlier each day to either write or exercise.
Wishing everyone a productive round/quarter. Let's do this thing!
* If you stop back by for my updates and see excuses, I beg you to refocus me. Or, kick my butt if you have to.