Good things have come from this, but it's also left me struggling with the day-to-day like blogging.
|The beauty and serenity of Breckenridge|
Sixteen days into 2013, and I have...
- Finished an editing project that was on my desk since September. I met with my client in Colorado while I was there. It's so nice to be part of the process that encourages authors to do the work necessary to make their book even better. It brings me great joy!
- Finished and mailed edit #2 of a young adult (maybe new adult??) paranormal book. Love. This. Book. When the author is ready for me to share more about it, I will!
- Started editing my NaNo novel, Chasing Memories
- Read 3 books, 2 are awaiting reviews on Mom in Love with Fiction
What I need to accomplish before the end of January...
(which I know I can do thanks to the support of my amazing A Round of Words in 80 Days, ROW80, friends!)
- Finish the 2nd edit on a lovely literary fiction novel, Borrowed Things. It is wonderful, and I can't wait to see what this author can do with it. I will shout it from the rooftops when it's ready to come out.
- Finish a chapter of Depression Cookies (by this weekend actually, it's overdue)
Note: Good thing Mom, my co-author, has been understanding about her daughter's illness!
- Re-establish a normal blogging schedule.
To do this, I need to get my creative side stimulated. Any good suggestions for finding blog post ideas? Good online writing magazines, resources for writing prompts, anything?
- Re-establish an online presence.
Advice Request: What have people found to be the most effective tool for managing social media time? Do you limit your time or the number of places you visit on a given day? Help! I miss my social media contacts, but I let it get out of hand.
- Start notes for Chasing Memories Book 2. It's in my head, and I want to keep the momentum from NaNo.
- Post reviews for Iduna's Apples plus three more (two still need to be read).
So those are my goals from 1/16 through 1/31. I want it to be attainable, yet productive. Hope everyone else is finding their 2013 groove.