January 28, 2013
About Me: From Writing to Peanut Butter & Mayo
I started blogging late in 2010 when my first novel (and so far only--but I plan to remedy that soon!), Depression Cookies, came out. Yes, I started after the book came out. I knew nothing except that I wanted to write and find an online community to share all the aspects of writing with... the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Today, thanks to published author and blogger Steve Tremp, who came up with the idea of the Please Allow Me to Re-Introduce Myself Blogfest, I am able to take a moment to reconnect with the wonderful online community I've found. Plus the blogfest is being co-hosted by a dear friend, Elise Fallson, as well as two other amazing authors, Carolyn Brown and Mark Koopmans.
My first novel, Depression Cookies, was co-written with my mom. It's a coming of age story told from two different perspectives, a teenage daughter and middle-aged mother. It was the 2011 Readers Favorite Silver award winner for Realistic Fiction (and Finalist for Chick Lit) as well as the 2011 Next Generation Indie Book Awards Finalist in Chick Lit.
Eight Fun Facts About Me
* I participated in my first NaNoWriMo this past November and won! It was crazy, but exhilarating.
* I completed my first half marathon last September, just after turning 40.
* I met my husband my third day of college and on a blind date.
* I moved, on average, every 3 years my whole life. Each of my daughters was born in a different city/state (Chicago, IL; San Diego, CA; Baltimore, MD).
* My favorite book of the last five years: Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
* My favorite sandwich is sliced bananas, mayonnaise, and peanut butter.
* I am the oldest of three girls, and we have 8 girls between us.
* I am a word nerd.
Some of my favorite words include: discombobulated, catawampus (although I'm equally drawn to it's synonym, askew), fastidious, persnickety, audacity, prevaricate. Really, I should stop. I'm getting giddy. My least favorite word: irregardless. Oh wait, it isn't a word, so it wouldn't qualify. *wink*
I can't wait to hop around and reacquaint myself with old friends and make some new ones. If you missed the blogfest and happen to stop by, tell me something interesting about you in the comments below.