January 21, 2013

Eagerly Awaiting Discovery: ROW80 Update

"Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they're supposed to help you discover who you are." Bernice Johnson Reagon 

I started to not write an update today. Technically, I am NOT writing an update "today" since it's 1:46am and therefore tomorrow, but I digress...

Life has continued to challenge me. After a great trip to Colorado, I came home to go downhill fast. Truth be told, I never really kicked the first illness, and my body was not appreciating it.

"What's all this grand talk you've been spouting about slowing down and taking care of yourself, Missy," my body screamed.

The last few days have been a blur of sickness and commitments. Long story short, I ended up in Urgent Care with two breathing treatments and steroids. The diagnosis: sinusitis, bronchitis, and the beginnings of pneumonia. Four scripts later, I was home.

I admit it. Life's challenges have paralyzed me. 

Those who know me, know what it takes for me to say that. I appreciate how blessed I am, and how much worse things can get. Yet, I feel immobile.

Now, I eagerly await the discovery phase. 

But first, a codeine-induced sleep.

11 comments:

Elizabeth Anne Mitchell said...

Oh my goodness, Tia. Many hugs and wishes that you get better soon, and better able to enjoy the trip of discovery. Take care of yourself!

Elise Fallson said...

Oh Tia. I'm so sorry you are having to go through all this. ): Please, please take the time you need to rest and care for your health. This is a rough start to 2013. Codeine will definitely help you rest. Last time I was on codeine I had undergone surgery for a bad leg fracture. I was 16 at the time. Anyway, we are sending you warm thoughts and chicken soup vibes. Big hugs my friend and take care. <3

Candice.Abraham said...

I'm so sorry for your illness. Yes, give your body some good old fashion love (which I know can be hard when you might be angry/frustrated/upset with it for getting sick). Sending you love and light and wellness.

Jo Michaels said...

OMG! TAKE A WEEK OFF! If I see you doing more than screwing off on FaceBook, I'm driving up there to kick your ass (or, I may send our good friend, Sandi).

I want you to be able to participate in the February Author Blog Challenge! Grrrrrr! :)

Love you, sister from another mister!

DO NOT WRITE ON! SLEEP ON! :)

Julie Glover said...

Bless your heart! I've had pneumonia, and it stinks. Take care of yourself. Nothing you can do but cozy up and wait for the icky to pass.

Anonymous said...

I totally get 'Life's challenges' and how they can stop you dead in your tracks.. Mind tends to come in the form of stress.. instead of turning to my writing for comfort I halt. Then one day I write and I realize again how much of a respite it provides.

HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER!!!

bookworm said...

Dear Tia. My chest aches for you. I've been on the edge of pneumonia too. If you don't sleep for a week I personally will call Sandi and tell her to pay you a visit. You don't want women from New Jersey visiting you! You even got Jo to not say "Write On!" Think of how many people you have scared today and GET YOUR REST.

Shan Jeniah Burton said...

Tia-

Listen to your body- it knows what it needs.

Your soul will find the discoveries, and the words.

For now, I hope you can just relax, and let yourself heal.

The rest of life will be here, when you are ready for it, again...

Sending very powerful healing vibes your way!

Deniz Bevan said...

Oh no! Hope you felt a little better after sleep. Sending {{{hugs}}} of healing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tia, it looks like Kait has hit some trouble and we have no mid-week check-in. So no one is left out, please come over to our Facebook group and leave a link to your check-in post and we will be over to visit. The page address is https://www.facebook.com/groups/row80/ Alternatively, email me at katiecrcole@gmail.com and I'll pass your post on. I know Facebook isn't everyone's cup of tea!

Should we have no Linky on Sunday, we'll just keep working this way until things sort themselves out.

Cheers!
Cate (Round 1 Sponsor)

Tia Bach said...

Thanks so much everyone for all your support.