I'm still finding my footing after two weeks of holiday craziness and family time. Hope everyone's transition to 2014 is coming along.
Today, I wanted to share some information about the wonderful Pamlico Writers Conference and Competition with all of you.
Saturday, March 8
9:00am - 6:00pm
Washington, North Carolina (waterfront)
From their website
Our theme above emphasizes the hands-on approach of the second annual 2014 conference & competition presented by the Beaufort County Arts Council and The Pamlico Writers Group.
Writers will meet in the Washington Civic Center, an historic railroad station and warehouse, located in the heart of Washington, NC on the Pamlico River.
We invite you to join us for a day filled with workshops, a keynote speaker, and a panel discussion on The Craft of Writing, a.k.a. The Labor After the Inspiration.
About the Juried Writing Competition
DEADLINE for submissions: February 23, 2014
- Creative Non-fiction
- Young Adult **
- High School (for students in grades 9-12)
- Prose categories - $10 reading fee per entry
- Poetry - 3 poems for $10 reading fee
- High School (no reading fee)
- You MUST upload competition entry files from your personal account.
- Check CONTEST RULES to make sure your work complies.
- Create a Login Account.
- Log in: My Account page is your place to register for the conference and enter the competition.
- Choose option to enter the competition.
- Pay your reading fee via your PayPal Account or credit card of your choice.
- UPLOAD your entry per instructions.
- You may UPLOAD as many entries as you like (reading fee applies to each entry) until competition closing date.
Even if you can't go, please consider entering the writing competition: you don't have to be present to win and you don't have to attend the conference to enter. In addition, if you know high school students who love to write, please encourage them to enter. The winner gets a $500 cash scholarship prize.
Please share this information with anyone who is interested. Thank you.
Hope everyone has an amazing Friday!
** How cool is it that they have a YA category. Come on friends. I know you have stories to tell!