January 1, 2014

Best Books of 2013 -- Ringing in a New Year

2013 was a stellar year for awesome books! I read 100 this year, and my goal is the same (if not more) for 2014.

As we begin a new year, I wanted to share all my 4.5-star and higher rated books from 2013. I'm looking forward to even more great books this year. (click the title to see the full review)

4.5 star

Foreplay, Sophie Jordan
Maggie's Turn, Deanna Lynn Sletten
Finding It, Cora Carmack
Supernova, Elizabeth Sharp
The Hourglass, Sharon Struth
Trusting You, LP Dover
Strength, Carrie Butler
Sisters in Bloom, Melissa Foster
Mystic ~ Melody, Jo Michaels
The Curse Giver, Dora Machado
For Everly, Raine Thomas
The Enchanted, Elaine Cantrell
Sisters in Love, Melissa Foster
Chocolate Fondue, Martha Reynolds
Lion's Head Deception, Chuck Waldron
Marked for Vengeance, SJ Pierce
After Tuesday (These Days #1), Renee Ericson
The Hunter, Monica McCarty
The Beloved Daughter, Alana Terry
The Faerie Prince, Rachel Morgan
The Keeper of Secrets, Julie Thomas
Cooper Moon: The Calling, Cheryl Shireman
Assured Destruction, Michael F. Stewart
The Long Way Home, Mariah Stewart
Traces of Kara, Melissa Foster
Primal, DA Serra

4.75 Stars

Winter Garden, Kristin Hannah

5 Stars

Bittersweet Chocolate, Martha Reynolds
Someone Else's Love Story, Joshilyn Jackson
Warrior Beautiful, Wendy Knight
Blood Draw, Melissa Luznicky Garrett
Mystic ~ Coralie, Jo Michaels
The Faerie War, Rachel Morgan
Courage, Carrie Butler
Borrowed Things, Doris Schneider

Yassa, Jo Michaels
The Disappearing Girl, Heather Topham Wood
The Day After Yesterday, Kelly Cozy
Manuscript Found in Accra, Paulo Coelho
Dark Genesis, Dave Ferraro
Wondertown, Mac Fellows


 


Rachel Morgan, Melissa Foster, Martha Reynolds, and Jo Michaels (all seen above) made the list more than once. Melissa Foster and Jo Michaels both made the list three times. Few things make me happier than having some go-to authors.

In the last two weeks of December, I read several books that will be officially reviewed over the next two weeks. A couple were 5-star reads. Look for appearances again by Melissa Foster and Jo Michaels (both 5-star reviews) and a new favorite... Juliana Haygert.

Here's to reading in 2014!

This post was published today on my review site, Mom in Love with Fiction, but I had to share it here as well. Wishing everyone an amazing 2014!

2 comments:

Martha Reynolds said...

100 books! Come on! What an honor. Thank you, Tia.

Jo Michaels said...

I don't think I was anywhere near 100 books read last year. Maybe 25? LOL! I had a difficult time finding books I loved and that could hold me. Plus, my life was changing. I don't know how you managed it with all the moving and stuff you had going on. :)

Kudos! Thanks for the mentions. I'm glad you love what I write. Somehow, that makes it all seem worth every frozen finger, sweaty bum, and hiccup in learning the craft of publishing :)

WOOT!

Hugs for you.

WRITE ON!