Do you know what I did in the first few days of 2014?
Hopefully curiosity pulled you through to the next sentence... I sent Chasing Shadows (Tala Prophecy, Book 2) to my editor and a few beta readers. *squeals while dancing*
This excitement leads me to announcing my goals for Round One of A Round of Words in 80 Days (ROW80). For those who don't know about ROW80, it's the writing challenge that knows you have a life. To that end, participants set realistic goals and continually re-examine and adjust them in response to Life's machinations.
Round One Goals
* While waiting for beta comments and edits, I am going to write Chasing Forgiveness (Tala Prophecy, Book 2.5), a novella based on a character in Chasing Shadows. Hoping to join some #ROW80 wordsprints (2pm EST) for inspiration.
* Publish website.
* Put Depression Cookies on Smashwords (I'm embarrassed that I haven't done this yet).
* Increase my social media presence. The last quarter of 2013 left me struggling to find time to visit and comment on blogs and participate on Facebook and Twitter. Some of it was a lack of time, but a huge part was burnout. I hope to find a nice social media balance in 2014.
* Reach a minimum of 10,000 steps a day. I need to have an exercise goal. Since my husband got a Fit Bit for Christmas, I am making sure he and I achieve this minimum daily. I also plan to recommit to running and some Jillian Michaels tapes.
* A goal for the year: I heard about this challenge where you write a handwritten letter a week to someone who's important to you. I'm in (thanks for sharing the idea, Beth!).
Wishing everyone good luck with their new goals!