June 26, 2015

UtopYA is now Utopia


The last day of UtopYA is always full of mixed emotions. Part of me wanted to stay forever with the most amazing group of people I've ever known, but part of me missed my family. This year was even more magical than last, although I wasn't sure that was possible.

So, as I sat there, I wondered what the theme for 2016 would be... the fifth anniversary of UtopYA. How could it be even better?

Then, Janet Wallace told us.

First, UtopYA is now Utopia. Why? Because it will include both middle grade and Adult novels and genres. How exciting!! Then, came the even more exciting announcement of next year's theme... #FightForYourWrite.

Yes, someone immediately shouted out that the theme song should be the Beastie Boys hit. And I'm okay with that.

For authors and bloggers who've never attended, please consider coming next year. In addition to amazing panels with awesome advice on publishing, marketing, blogging, writing, and so on, next year there will be people covering topics on how to nurture more than just our blogging and writing. There will be life coaches, nutritionists, and more. 

Who isn't enriched when they feed their soul in addition to their brain?

Over the next couple of months, I will have many UtopYA/Utopia-laden posts. First, I will be featuring Meet Some UtopYA2015 Lovelies (Unofficial), a series of interviews with people I hung out with at the con. (See the 2014 edition here) Plus, I'll also be sharing my experiences at this year's event.

So, what are you waiting for? Until June 30th, there's even special pricing. Check it out here. Dates: 6/22-26, 2016. I hope to see you there.

No comments: