Now, as I stare down the November 1 start to NaNo, I need to embrace a new idea... pace and race. A month to do 50,000 is more of a sprint than an endurance exercise. But, 30 days isn't really a sprint either. Writing 1,667 (averaging 50,000 words over 30 days) a day for 3 days would be more of a sprint. It will take endurance to keep it up for 30 days.
However, considering my normal writing output, 50,000 words in a month is a sprint.
All of this to say, I am going to spend the next 17 days conditioning myself for an intensely long sprint. To that end, I have new goals for this round of ROW80.
(Maybe I should add some finger workouts to avoid the scenario in the comic to the right!)
My New Round 4 Goals --
Week of October 14
- Start outlining Chasing Memories, my NaNo piece -- would like to be halfway by Wednesday's check-in
- Make character list for Chasing Memories
- Prewrite two blog posts for November
- Edit three chapters on BT, to get ahead on my editing schedule
- Look at November review schedule and plan a schedule to get ahead on commitments
- Spend 30-45 minutes each day exploring the NaNo site
Wish me luck!
And now for some fun... please check back tomorrow for details on how to win a signed paperback copy of Depression Cookies.