I live in the Bubble of "these people are totally screwed" of course.
I've spent the last couple of weeks prepping for NaNo by getting all my Life ducks in a row. I cleared my calendar for the last few days leading up to November 1 to make sure I was ahead and ready to go. I even outlined my focus on saying No for NaNO last week: I Wish to Say No. Too bad I can't just say No to things like Frankenstorm.
Life is a funny b**ch sometimes, isn't she? School has already been cancelled for the next two days as have all activities.
Handed lemons, I decided to do my best this evening to rally the troops and make some lemonade. My preteen daughter really wants to help me plot my NaNo entry. She reads young adult all the time, so I think she'll be a good resource. The next couple of days we'll put our heads together and do some major brainstorming (or frankenstorming, if you will). Just call me the Bride of Frankenstorming.
I've decided not to fear Frankenstorm. It's coming just as much as November 1 is coming. Let's just hope it doesn't take out my power. My laptop only has about a three-hour battery life.
In all seriousness, however, I hope the storm is less than what they expect and I'm praying for safety for all of those in its path.
A Round of Words in 80 Days (ROW80) Update
My goals for Monday and Tuesday this week...
- Continue brainstorming for my NaNo piece, Chasing Memories.
- Prep the next three weeks of review posts for Mom in Love with Fiction.
- Get as ahead as I can on editing projects.
- Spend some time commenting on blogs, since I know November will be lacking in social media.
- Write a minimum of 1,667 per day. I'd like to start off stronger in anticipation of Life and other commitments getting in the way later in the month (Hello, Thanksgiving!).
- Post Sunday & Wednesday NaNo updates (serving as ROW80 updates). I hope to post Monday and Fridays as well, but I'm staying flexible.