March 5, 2014

Small Victories: #IWSG & ROW80



The Insecure Writer's Support Group (or IWSG) is a wonderful group put together by the amazing Alex J. Cavanaugh (which now has an equally cool Facebook group). 

The first Wednesday of each month is the perfect opportunity to share my insecurities on the #IWSG therapy couch, get encouragement and support about such insecurities, and to read how other writers are faring. 

As an indie author, sometimes I have to find motivation in small victories. There are days I wonder what the heck I'm doing. I love to write, but I'm not a natural salesperson. And it takes a marketing mind to rise above the other indie books out there.

I am fortunate to have met some amazing people in my journey, and I've learned so much. Still, I need some small moments to keep my spirits up.

Late last week I was checking Chasing Memories on GoodReads and noticed I had a new 5-star review. That's usually enough to sustain me for quite a while. While I was there, I noticed my book was on two lists. On one, it was 80 out of 94. But on the other--Little Known Fantasy Books--it was 6 out of 95.


At first, I wasn't sure if "little known" was a good thing. Then I read further: A combination of little known fantasy books that should be more read

Happy dance.

Wishing everyone a small victory to aid them on their writing journey.

*****

A Round of Words in 80 Days (ROW80) Update

Wednesdays are also my ROW80 check-in days. 

I am working on Chasing Shadows edits, round two. It's getting so close! Plus, I'm working on Chasing Forgiveness which will be my first novella. Thanks to my small victory last week and new edits to work on, I feel super motivated to write. Gotta enjoy the feeling while it's strong. 

9 comments:

Elise Fallson said...

Awesome. Small victories lead to big ones and you deserve it! Off to check out the list and add my vote. (((HUGS))) :)

Anonymous said...

Good job! It's all those small victories that eventually add up to the big one, so never despair. I'm a member of Goodreads myself; maybe I'll go look at that list too. ;-) Have a great Wednesday. Lily

Unknown said...

That is great! Maybe even more than a small victory... a "medium" one at least. :)

krystal jane said...

Cool! You never know who's advocating for you. ^_^

Martha Reynolds said...

Yay!!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's awesome! Always good to get a surprise like that. Those lists help sell more books as well.

Shah Wharton said...

Doing the happy dance for you Tia. Well done. :) X

shahwharton.com

Shan Jeniah Burton said...

Hooray for victories of any size, and the inspiration to write.

Cheers, Tia! =)

Jo Michaels said...

*happy dances with Tia*

Congratulations! :)

Well deserved, my friend. WRITE ON!