September 2, 2013

Finding Focus & A Book Trailer Reveal

Now that school has started again, I am determined to create a schedule. Two things need to happen first, or my day will make sure they don't happen at all: exercise and writing.

Exercise is a stress-reliever for me which means it frees my brain to focus on my writing, so it has to come first. My goal for the upcoming week is to make the following schedule a routine...

6am -- Check emails/Facebook and prioritize afternoon needs
7:45am -- Drop off my older two daughters to school
8:45am -- Drop off my baby to school (1 mile walk there)
9-10:30am -- Exercise
(run from school or straight to gym -- haven't joined one yet, but it's on my to do list)
11am-12:30pm -- Write/Research

After that, I will do social media and catch up on assignments/editing projects. I need to make this a routine in my life, so that is why I'm making it my A Round of Words in 80 Days (ROW80) goal for the next two weeks.

I think my biggest stumbling block will be walking away from social media (and emails - GASP!) until after lunch. Wish me luck!!
 
This weekend I worked on storyline for Chasing Memories Book 2. Finally, we took the girls to see San Francisco/ Fisherman's Wharf. During the train ride, I filled four notebook pages with storyline ideas with help from the kids.

Also, my 8th grade daughter is quite the whiz with the computer (and is taking a year-long computer projects course this year). She asked if she could take a stab at a book trailer for Chasing Memories. Her first attempt was to make one very personal to me, but I had to share it.

Without further ado, the Chasing Memories Bach Family Style book trailer...


What do you think?

3 comments:

Jo Michaels said...

That's awesome! She needs some video clips of wolves to add in there :) hehe But a very cool video. Nicely done. There's nothing quite like a schedule, huh? :) WRITE ON!

Beth Camp said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with what an 8th grader can do. Now, the tension builds superbly with the juxtaposition of music with family images. Nicely staged throughout. I'd worry about the copyright of using the music from that movie, but her intuitions about the pacing are excellent. I don't know enough about making a video to make suggestions but please keep us posted. Making a good trailer is a continuing challenge for us indies! Otherwise, enjoy that free time for writing now that school has started. Wonderful post.

krystal jane said...

Wow, she's very talented.
LOVE her choice of music, you have to keep that. And the captions. I need to learn how to do this.