June 1, 2013

Kicking Off Blogathon: Day 1

The WordCount BlogathonWow. June 1 snuck up on me. The first day of the month should never start on a Saturday. It's too confusing.

If only I ran the world.

Today is the start of my third time participating in Michelle Rafter's WordCount Blogathon.

I'm so excited to interact with old friends and meet new ones.

For my new friends, a few hats I wear...

Mom
I am mom to three wonderful girls (ages 13, 11 & 8). As moms know, this "hat" could have a subcategory that included: chauffeur, cook, maid, counselor, soother, personal trainer, tutor, caretaker, boogeyman-wrangler, and countless other responsibilities. *smiles*

Wife
I have been married for 18 years to an amazing man. I'd follow him anywhere. Literally, I have followed him anywhere. Each of my kids was born in a different state, and we are now in the process of moving to CA.

Writer
My first YA novel, Chasing Memories, just became available in paperback (Kindle coming soon). I also co-authored an award-winning novel, Depression Cookies, with my mom.

Editor
I have edited two published novels and am working on several others. I am an editor at Indie Books Gone Wild. Some amazing folks over there, so be sure to check it out.

Blogger
I've been blogging since late 2010, and my first attempt at 30 days of straight blogging was my first Blogathon in May 2011. Lately, I've been in a bit of slump. 

I'm so looking forward to a fun month. Hopefully the rest of my posts will be a little more timely. Pressing publish at 11:32pmEST is cutting it a bit too close!

1 comment:

Jo Michaels said...

You wear many hats, lady!! If only you ruled the world... What a world it would be!! :) Good luck with the blogathon. I couldn't even fathom getting into something like that right now and I'm not even moving. WRITE ON!