June 10, 2013

I'm feeling 42: Blogathon, Day 10

Day 10 of the WordCount Blogathon, and I wanted to go for light and humorous.

I often joke that I would like the store Forever 21 to have a version for us 40-somethings that is Forever 39. 

The other day, my kids were belting out Taylor Swift's 22. I change the lyrics all the time to my kids' favorite tunes. One, to annoy them playfully. Two, to make the songs pertain more to me.

Without further ado.

42 (Parody of Taylor Swift's 22)

I'm happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time
It's miserable and magical, oh, yeah
Tonight's the night when I must face the deadlines
It's time


I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 42
Everything will be alright
If I survive the night
Don't you worry about me
I'll just keep focusing on you
Everything will be alright
If I just get you all to
22


Just in case you don't hear this song endlessly like I do, here's the YouTube video.


What I did love about the song... there are some things we feel whether we are 22 or 82. I think we are all happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time.

What's a song you can't stop singing lately?

Tune in tomorrow for my review of Rachel Morgan's The Faerie Prince

1 comment:

Jo Michaels said...

I love that you re-write songs. I did that with Baby Got Back. Re-named it Baby Got Bucks. Sample:

She's got big teeth and I can not lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a girl walks in with an itty bitty face and big bucks in their place you get sprung, gotta pick out stuff, when you noticed those teeth were fluff! Even the teeth she's wearin', I'm hooked and I can't stop starin'. Oh, baby, I wanna get witcha, so I can date yo sista. My homeboys tried to warn me but those teeth she got make me so hongry!

Okay, that's enough of that. Hehe. But, lately, the song I can't stop singing is Thrift Shop by Ryan Macklemore. Holy crap is it great! Forget the words, I love the beat! :)

Great post, Tia! WRITE ON!