November 4, 2015

Perseverance : #IWSG

The Insecure Writer's Support Group (or IWSG) is a wonderful group put together by the amazing Alex J. Cavanaugh (which now has an equally cool Facebook group). 

The first Wednesday of each month is the perfect opportunity to share my insecurities on the #IWSG therapy couch, get encouragement and support about such insecurities, and to read how other writers are faring.
 


Happy Wednesday, everyone! This time of year is always hectic. On top of the holidays this year, I decided to have a book release on 11/12 for Chasing Destiny (Tala Prophecy, Book 3). I'm excited, but crazy busy and often overwhelmed.

So, I thought today would be a great day to remind us all...


The lovely Janet Wallace shared this quote earlier this week, and then she drilled home the idea during Week 3's chat in the Stand Up. Stand Out. RakeItIn. Part II class. (If you don't know about this class, you must check it out Janet's Social Deviants website.)

Most successful people have the will to push through and never give up. It's all about persevering. So, I wanted to encourage each and every one of you to keep going. Though the path is windy and often exhausting, the destination will be worth it. 

One of the things that keeps me going is having an Inspiration Board. It's full of quotes and ideas of what my goal is. In the coming weeks, I will be sharing some of these and what they mean to me.

But, also, in my latest book, I needed to inspire my character to keep her head in the game against all odds, to not quit. "With Faith, We Fight" became her battle cry. It has also become mine. (Funny how writing characters helps us with our own lives sometimes.)

At first, we must believe. But we can't just sit back and hope things will come to us. We have to fight for them.

So, carry on and continue to fight and persevere.

Oh, and please share what keeps you motivated. I love new tricks. 

5 comments:

Jo Michaels said...

My motivation is amazing friends and that wall of "to dos" that keep me running like a headless chicken! Bawk! :) Love your quote.

Stephen Tremp said...

Ha. Love Jo's comment! I am fortunate to have a circle of friends and family to support me as sometimes all they see is the back of my head as I sit at my computer.

Stephen Tremp
November 2015 IWSG Co-host

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Jo's comment is funny!
I'm motivated because when I say I'm going to do something, I do it. No excuses. No failing. There's no room for doubt. As Yoda says, there is only do. And I do.

ViolaFury said...

Great quote from Jo. I tend to be that headless chicken. I also am a fighter. For me, my muse is Beethoven (we weirdly enough, share the same birthday, although I didn't know this for several years), in music and in life. I had a period of time, where I had an undiagnosed motor disorder and was forced to give up playing the viola. I was also homeless - a long and horrible series of events led to that for a time, but I have fought my way back. During the time I couldn't play, I started a blog and the blog lives on, although I am now playing again. Beethoven NEVER gave up, not on life, not on his music, even with his growing deafness from the age of 31. He lived each day with passion and wrung each moment out of it. His music reflects that. I have now outlived him, and fought back to some kine of "default" position, where I am again making music and still, attempting to write. As Beethoven once said, "To play a wrong note here or there is excusable. To play without passion is unforgivable." I would say the same about life, no matter what the pursuit. Thanks, Tia.

Stephsco said...

Encouraging words! Thanks :) I'm seeing how much writing is all about the long road.