October 2, 2015

Meet Some UtopYA2015 Lovelies (Unofficial) : Felicia Tatum


Please welcome the next guest in my Meet Some UtopYA2015 Lovelies (Unofficial) series. I’ve known Felicia Tatum online for a couple of years, but this was the first time I actually met her face-to-face. She had her daughter there, and I won her over when I gave her some fairy dust (okay, it might have been glitter, but she and I believed it was special).

As moms, Felicia and I joked that it might not have been the wisest choice to give away and had a couple of laughs. Later, I found out it did explode, but I’m sure it only means her family has a lifetime of wishes. Right?

Thanks for coming on the blog today!

FT: Thanks for having me! And FYI, I took some fairy dust, too ;)

After the story above, I have to ask: if you could have one wish from an author fairy, what would you ask for?

FT: Ohmygosh…umm…honestly, I’d want my writing to be enough to do everything I need to do to survive and maybe have a little extra to play. I love writing and I wish so hard for it to be my full time career.

So many of us would have the same wish. I recently downloaded Scornful Sadie, Dark Sorceress Trilogy #1, your latest novel. I can’t wait to read it, and I adore the cover. Can you tell us about it and share any teasers/graphics? 

FT: Yay!! Scornful Sadie is about 21 year old Sadie Tabors, a very powerful sorceress. She’s out and about fighting all the bad guys of the world when she goes back to see her family after five years away. Once she learns she’s the dark sorceress and there’s a prophecy that tells how she’ll change sorcery forever, she has to decide what she’s going to do, how she’s going to protect her family, and if it’s all worth it.


Love the teaser! Where do you get inspiration for your characters?

FT: Most new stories start from dreams, but Scornful Sadie is actually about a character from The White Aura series. She really grew on me and demanded her own story.

You are part of Dauntless Indies. How did this group get started? How do you support each other?

FT: Well, Sarah Cradit and I were talking about how it would be nice to have a group to talk about the ups and downs of publishing, the highs and lows of being an author, and decided to start it. It’s grown so much and we support each other in a lot of ways. Emotionally we’re all there for one another, we share new releases, we offer and seek advice. It’s just a great group of people :)

Community is so important. So, I've been asking all the lovelies... what's your favorite inspirational quote? Why?

FT: Do or do not, there is no try. Or something like that. Because it’s so true…you either want it badly enough to do it or you don’t.

Who doesn't love Yoda! What do you think makes UtopYA, renamed Utopia for its fifth year in 2016, so special?

FT: The people. I know more people at that con than any other I’ve been to and everyone greets each other with a smile and a hug. I love it!

A fun picture to share from this year's conference. Felicia with her Entangled Souls cover model, Nathan Weller.


✮ Quick Answers  

Last Movie you Saw: Tinkerbell and the Pirate Fairy (told you I liked fairies)
Comedy, Romance, Drama, or Horror? ROMANCE
Last Book you Read: Dark Blessing by Sarah M. Cradit
First Job: Gas station
Gift Cards or Cash? Cash

Favorite Vacation Spot: Smokey Mountains

More about Felicia

Felicia Tatum was born and raised in Tennessee. She always loved reading, and at the age of twelve began writing. Her passion for creating stories grew and in May 2012, she finally wrote her first novel, The White Aura.

She still lives in Tennessee with her daughter and her kitty. She loves cooking, books, and animals are some of her best friends. She watches a lot of Disney channel and often dreams up new book ideas. She's currently working on various projects. She's the author of the White Aura series, Scarred Hearts series, and Intoxicating Passion series.

Connect with Felicia

Please visit often for more UtopYA2015 Lovelies (Unofficial) interviews, 
and check out the announcement post to see
the schedule and links to past interviews.

1 comment:

Jo Michaels said...

I adore Felicia! She's so sweet :) Her daughter is a hot mess. So dang cute :D Great interview!! Making me miss all my Utopia buds.