February 13, 2015

Back it Up: The Writing Life

Consider this a public service announcement...

www.wigflip.com
After multiple PC crashes and viruses, I finally decided to go Mac and got one for Christmas. 

It took a little adjustment, but I loved it. 

Then, six weeks later, the spinning color wheel started and wouldn't stop. This lead to my system shutting down. 

After two hours at the Apple store, a technician figured out it was a factory-installed software issue. Not my fault. He restored everything to factory settings, but all the work I'd saved since January 1 was lost.

"No problem," he said. "We can reinstall it from you backup."

Can you imagine the horror on my face? It registered right away with him, and he shook his head and said, "I'm sorry."

I'm usually good at backing up, but it didn't seem as important with a new computer.

It's been a week, and I'm still re-doing work. 

So, please... BACK IT UP! I know it's a pain, but it's more of a pain to redo things.

1 comment:

Jo Michaels said...

My heart broke for you when I heard of your troubles. :( I'm SOSO happy your new MS was with others. What a complete FKAR that would've been, huh? Geeze. Dodged a bullet, you did. :P

HUGS! WRITE ON!