April 29, 2014

Pure Will: ROW80

I am an active person, although by no means a natural athlete. I particularly love the game of tennis. During a recent group lesson with my team, the instructor came up to me and said, "You play by pure will." 

At first, I didn't know how to take the comment especially since his only previous comment to me was, "No matter how many times you hit the ball back, you always look surprised."

Made at wigflip.com
Pure will... was that just a nice way of saying I overcome lackluster skill?

Then, several weeks later, he came up to me after practice again. This time, he said he could teach skill, but he couldn't teach people hard work and the will to push through.

I feel like pure determination gets me through most things. Am I the best writer in the world? No. There are just too many amazing ones to compare myself to. But I don't quit, even when I get frustrated or discouraged. By will alone sometimes, I keep moving on.

Well, will and surrounding myself with as many amazing people as I can. See, I not only have a strong will, I also appreciate that I can't possibly do it on my own. And no matter how many books I sell, I don't think I'll ever get over the thrill. Guess I'll just always have that surprised face! 

****


Just squeaking this in for Monday. Sometimes determination sure comes in handy. *smiles* Chasing Shadows is getting closer and closer to publication. 

eARCs out to early readers--by Wednesday, 4/30 (will send out tomorrow)
Update website--DONE (check it out here)
Set up GoodReads giveaway--by Wednesday, 4/30 -- goal for tomorrow
Set up Release Day signups--DONE
Prepare Release Day posts--by Friday, May 2

If I haven't said it lately, I must say it again: Jo Michaels rocks! I don't know what I'd do without her.

1 comment:

Jo Michaels said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I wuv yew, too! :)

YAYYYYYY!! Release day is coming, release day is coming! :) WOOT!