I'm only slightly stressing out about writing 50,000 words in November for NaNoWriMo. Yes, I finished last year, but there's always one element that terrifies me more than any other... Life.
Life likes to toy with the best laid plans. I've tried to do as much as possible to ensure plenty of writing time, but...
* I do have three children and cold and flu season is approaching.
* I am going to New York City 11/2-5 to hang out with girlfriends and support a friend who is running the New York Marathon.
* My parents are coming out for Thanksgiving week, and it will be their first time in my CA home.
It's like when I run a race--I'm the most anxious waiting for it to begin. No matter how much you train, anything can happen on race day, and it always makes me queasy. But once the starting horn goes off, I settle in and have faith in my preparations.
Same for NaNo. I've pre-written blog posts, outlined plot points for my book, and cut down on any other commitments for the month. Now, I just need a bit of luck to go with my determination.
So, please wish me luck!
It's Monday, and time for my A Round of Words in 80 Days (ROW80) update. Since I only blog Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, I post my Sunday updates on Mondays.
My biggest goals for this week:
* Write a few more November posts.
* Set up my website.
* Cull through emails and to-dos.
Assuming you all enjoy sales as much as I do, Chasing Memories is only $2.99 on Kindle for a limited time (originally $3.99). So pick up a copy if you haven't, or gift a copy. The price will start later today.