July 5, 2013

Chasing Memories A-La Flat Stanley

Recently, we had friends visit us in the Outer Banks. My friend's youngest son had a Flat Stanley and took pictures of him wherever we went. 

For those who don't know, Flat Stanley is based on a book by Jeff Brown. In the book, Flat Stanley travels the world in envelopes. Many schools started Flat Stanley projects where students took a Flat Stanley, one they cut out and colored themselves, out and about and took pictures. Then the kids wrote to an assigned friend elsewhere, think old-fashioned pen pals. It's a huge literary movement. So cool.

So, since my daughters and I (and my very wonderful mother) are heading out today for our cross-country car trip to San Francisco, I thought it would be fun to take pictures of my Chasing Memories promotional postcard (since it's flat) at various destinations across the US. After all, my girls and I are chasing memories.

My dog was my guinea pig for a starting photo. She was thrilled, can't you tell?


I figure it will be great material for some posts. In addition, I will post the pictures on my Facebook author page. So, please like my page if you haven't already.

Hope everyone is having a fun-filled summer. Maybe I'll fun into you on my trek!

1 comment:

Jo Michaels said...

What a super fun idea, Tia! I love it. How'd the meeting with the book club go? WRITE ON!