August 24, 2014

Moving & Shaking: ROW80

Last night, my husband wakes me up. I could hear the panic in his voice. "Earthquake," he said. He went to check on the girls, as did I. It was eerie; I felt like I had sea legs. Our girls slept through it, but our puppies completely freaked out. 

Hubby took the dogs into the backyard and saw three foot waves bouncing off our pool. Inside, I could hear our wine glasses clanging together. Then, it was over. Still, scary. 

This morning we found out it was a 6.0 earthquake, and the center was about 40 miles north of us. More than anything, I felt a mom's panic of wanting to keep my kids safe. Whew. Glad that's over.

I went MIA last week and haven't posted here since last Tuesday. Sorry. It was the last week of school and my sister and family were in town. Tomorrow, my kids go back to school, and I start kicking to-do butt!

We spent Tuesday exploring San Francisco. Truly, it's such a beautiful town, and such great exercise walking those hills. My brother-in-law wasn't love pushing a stroller that day, that's for sure! 


On Friday, we spent all day in Santa Cruz, CA. Recognize it? It's the setting for Lost Boys, the movie that started my paranormal interest back in the day.


A Round of Words in 80 Days (ROW80) Update

*** insert laughter ***

Yeah, I'm SO behind. This week my biggest challenge is to write everything I need to do and prioritize it. First on the list is finishing my novella (still set for a 9/15 rough draft completion date) and finishing my current edit to prepare for a 8/28 proofread.

Plus, I'm woefully behind on sponsor posts. I'll be catching up on ROW80 blog love today. If you see me on Facebook or Twitter in the next day or two, please remind me I'm too busy for that nonsense!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks goodness everyone was okay! This morning, my boyfriend mentioned the earthquake out that way...Out in the midwest, I have no idea what an earthquake would be like (though apparently we had one in Illinois this year? I don't remember feeling anything), but I can only imagine it would be super strange and scary. (And, man, kids can sleep through anything; I slept through a tornado once as it tore down one of our barns).

And welcome back! Here's to getting a good focus on where to proceed from here, though I think your goals are still nice and manageable.

Jo Michaels said...

I'm just happy you're safe. I freaked out when I saw where it was. SO close to you! :(

Glad you got time with your sister, and thrilled to hear the kidlings are headed back to school. What a relief, eh? LOL! Yeah, me too.

WRITE ON!

John Holton said...

I have to call my brother. He's in Orinda, probably not far from you. Glad to hear you're all right.

I'm sure you'll find your way back into everything.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you and your family were safe. I've never been in an earthquake. A bit curious, but not that curious.