December 9, 2013

In the Words of Nelson Mandela: ROW80

So many great thoughts were expressed by Nelson Mandela, may he rest in peace. The world shines a little less brightly with him gone.

Source
Over the last few days, many have shared his words and beliefs. I would like to share some that have inspired me...

I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
 
There is no passion to be found playing small—in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
 
It always seems impossible until it’s done.

These quotes speak to me on so many levels. As a writer, they remind me to triumph over insecurity, believe in myself, and never give up.

This time of year, it's easy to get caught up in the to do list and be overwhelmed. I've been feeling a bit "Bah, Humbug!" lately, and I'm determined to shake it. What better way than to focus on my December A Round of Words in 80 Days (ROW80) goals.

My progress

- Editing a great new zombie book. Confession: This is my first zombie book. But my main criteria for any book = good writing. This one is amazing!

- Polishing Chasing Memories 2. Slow progress here. I needed to step back over a little plot hole. It's small. Editing is clearing my brain. Plus, the missing title is confounding me. Which leads me to...
   

I'm struggling with a title for my sequel. I want to stay with the running theme and two-word title.

Please share your thoughts on (or choose a favorite)...

Chasing Shadows
Chasing Fire
Chasing Gifts
Chasing Strength
Chasing Ancestry
Chasing Answers

In this sequel, Reagan is coming to terms with her new life and abilities. She's confused, but determined. I'm saving Chasing Destiny for Book 3.

Thanks in advance for your help, and may the words of Nelson Mandela inspire us all to be the best we can be.

2 comments:

krystal jane said...

I like Chasing Shadows!

Congratulations on all the progress you've been making!

Jo Michaels said...

I'm with Krystal Jane. Shadows wins this one for me. Do you have that little novelette you whipped out earlier this year ready for a once-over yet?

Thrilled to pieces you're loving I, Zombie. Those books aren't really about squishing heads or gore as much as they're about human nature and a look into what lengths we'd go to for survival. I've read a bunch of them over the last year and that element seems to be the one that doesn't change.

I'm still stunned at how it wrote itself. o.O

Kinda hoping you pass it over to the daughter :) Totally age appropriate for her (I think?). LOL

I seriously cannot wait to get my hands on this second installment. *hands into claws*

Get your booty scootin'!! :P

WRITE ON!