August 2, 2013

Sharing reviews of Chasing Memories

Since I'm on my way out of the country, I thought I'd share some reviews of my YA novel, Chasing Memories, today.

From author, Shauna Kelley (Max and Menna, Listening In and Other Stories, and Don't Wake Up):

Chasing Memories had me from the first word. Tia Bach has woven a mystery and given her readers a perfect, snarky, and oh-so accurate teenage voice to help us navigate through. Reagan doesn't so much come to life as she vaults off the page in your face. Nonetheless, where other "typical teen" narrators might annoy (hello, Bella Swan), the muted desperation to understand what is happening that lies beneath her teenage 'tude makes Reagan unquestionably sympathetic. I felt for her, I wanted to hug her, and I wanted to know what in the heck was happening to her.

Read her full review here.

From a teen reader:


From Elise Fallson, amazing writer and blogger:

The characters in this book were well written and I connected largely with Reagan and her grandmother, Nana. At times Reagan’s mother got me so mad but that just shows how invested I became in this book. The twist ending left me wishing for more and I’m looking forward to the next book in this series. So for anyone looking for a fun YA summer read with a paranormal twist, I’d recommend this book!
 

Read her full review on GoodReads.

And, from the lovely Jo Michaels (who in the interest of full disclosure was the editor for Chasing Memories), author of several titles including Yassa and The Bird.

I loved how the supporting cast of characters came to life on the page, how well I could see Colorado in my mind's eye (I've never been there, but now I feel like I have), and how accurate the descriptions of Georgia were. When I got to the last page, the surprise ending left me wanting more. It's a good thing there's a sequel in the works!

Read her full review here. Find out more about her books on her website and her editing services at Indie Books Gone Wild.

Keep visiting the blog for more updates. Plus, I have some exciting news about an eBook sale and some giveaways in August. Stay tuned!!

1 comment:

krystal jane said...

These are great! I love the "in your face." ^_^ I love characters like that. Reagan sounds awesome. (Aren't they always?)