March 20, 2012

Thankful and Sharing: Blog Awards

Our blog received a couple of awards over the last week.

First, thanks to Sabrina at Much Needed Advice for Women for giving us the Versatile Blogger Award. I've recently discovered this blog and am quite enjoying it.

The Rules:

* Share 7 completely random pieces of information about myself. P
* Nominate 15 7 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award. (see note below)
* Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs. (see note)

Thanks again, Sabrina.

My 7 Random Facts

1. I love Once Upon a Time. My whole family watches it.
2. My tween daughter and I are SO excited to see the Hunger Games movie.
3. I love peanut butter on top of chopped up bananas and chocolate chips.
4. I can quote every line from the movie, Girls Just Want to Have Fun (starring Sarah Jessica Parker).
5. I have two left feet. I dance anyway, much to my daughters' chagrin. I've been banned from dancing in public.
6. My youngest daughter loves Justin Bieber, so I have a legitimate excuse to listen to him. Hearing his music always puts a smile on my face.
7. I can't stand the sight of blood. I look away when my kids get shots. So sad, my kids look and tell me it's fine. I hold their hands and look away.

Second, thanks K.S. Collier for the Sunshine Award. I have her young adult novel, The Veil, on my Kindle and can't wait to read it.

The Rules:

* Thank the person who gave you the award and provide a link. P
* Write a post about it. P
* Answer the questions below. P
* Pass it on to 10 7 bloggers who you think really deserve it and let them know. (see note)

Answer 10 Questions

Favourite colour:  My favorite color changes with my mood, much like my favorite genre. Today it's red.

Favourite animal: I grew up with dogs, and now my children are growing up with dogs. Hands down, my favorite. My daughter is highly allergic to cats (as was my Dad), so no cats in my life.

Favourite number:  A fortune cookie told me 1 & 5 were my lucky numbers when I was a teen. My first daughter was born 5/15 after infertility issues. 1 & 5 will always be my favorite numbers.

Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Diet Coke. I have a serious addiction.

Facebook or Twitter: I have an FB account as an author and for personal use. I only use Twitter as an author.

My passion:  My family first, then writing and reading.


Getting or giving presents: I truly love to pick out the perfect gift, to put a smile on someone's face. But I won't lie, sometimes there's nothing like receiving.

Favourite pattern: Not sure what this is asking.

Favourite day of the week: Friday, because I love the weekends.

Favourite flower: Stargazer Lily. They make me sneeze, but they are so beautiful.


I know awards are time-consuming, but I want to pass them along. A note to the following bloggers, feel free to accept either award officially or just enjoy the shout-out to your awesomeness:

Natalie at Life Out Loud
Elise at Elise Fallson
Eloise at Memoirs and Other Artifacts...
Julie Glover, Author
Kate at Teaching What is Good
Christine at Inspired Life
Alana at Ramblin' with AM

Take a moment and check out these blogs. You'll be glad you did!

10 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

My daughter and I are excited to see the Hunger Games, too. We're going to the midnight showing.

e said...

Woo hoo,thanks so much! My first blog award. I think peanuts, bananas and chocolate chips sound divine, by the way.

Eloise said...

that got away from me ...

Natalie Hartford said...

Awwww....CONGRATS Tia! Soooo deserving and so happy that you've been honored. Your blog is one of my happy places to visit - always upbeat, inspiring and warm. It's like a good cup of coffee with a BFF chat...yum! Loved getting to know you better and I am DEFINITELY trying peanut butter on top of chopped up bananas and chocolate chips. Wowzers!!!
Thanks so much for sharing the honor with me and other FAB bloggers! You are the best and I am humbled!!

Tia Bach said...

Glad my pb, bananas and choc chips recipe went over so well. ;-)

You both deserve the recognition because you both brighten my day!

Tia Bach said...

Miranda, I'm so looking forward to Hunger Games, so I hope it's good. Too often movies based on books I love disappoint!

Sarah Tokeley said...

Yay! Some new blogs to check out. I'll have to come back later and have a look :-)

Tia Bach said...

Sarah, Yes, please do. You'll enjoy them!

bookworm said...

I am very late in thanking you for the shoutout, and doing any of the things I should be doing to respond to your shout out. I sometimes think that if I start liking a blog it is like the kiss of death. Several blogs I started to follow, or read regularly, have just....quit. I don't know if I have 15 left! I am not ignoring your faith in my blog, oh no. My life isn't near as crazy as yours right now but I think, mentally, I have to gather myself together first. But I will then accept this award, and the Leibster you bestowed on me last year. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for continuing to read my blog! Yours truly, A grateful @RamblinGarden at
ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

Tia Bach said...

Alana, I rarely miss your blog. I may not always comment, but I love it. You bring such heart and honesty. I'm so glad I met you last year (about this time) during Blogathon. Hope I'll see you there again this year!