August 30, 2011

Back to School: Tub-Full Tuesday

Tub-full Tuesday posts celebrate things that fill our tubs, make us grateful. First and foremost, I am thankful to say goodbye to Irene. She could have been worse, but I know people have suffered damages and loss. Those people will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Yesterday my kids went back to school. And, no, seeing them go is not what filled my tub this week. (insert snicker here) The summer went by way too quickly, and I miss them already. Yes, there were moments of constant bickering this summer that threatened to send me to the looney bin, but I truly feel blessed to spend summers with them and be home when they get home during the school year.

Seeing them becoming strong, confident young women fills my tub. I don't want to rush time, but I can't wait to know the women they will be. I feel honored to be their mom.

My girls... entering 6th, 4th and 1st grades.

No comments: