September 22, 2012

Check Out Blood Type: Short & Sweet Saturdays

It's the weekend, the perfect time to find out about some great new reading material.

Today, I'm thrilled to share the announcement of Melissa Luznicky Garrett's newest book, Blood Type. Not only she is a wonderful writer, but she's a friend to writers and bloggers.

I received an advanced review copy of Blood Type, and my review will be up on Mom in Love with Fiction on Wednesday, September 26. But, I'll give you a hint, count the stars... ★★★★★.

Now for the good stuff...

*****


Since getting attacked by a vampire, I didn’t believe in beginnings. Only endings. Every person born to this world comes with an expiration date, but I had never considered mine. At least not until I met John.

Now the end was all I ever thought about. I woke up every morning wondering if that day would be my last. Venom pulsed in my veins and seeped into my bones, infecting all my vital organs and changing me from the inside out. Slowly killing me.

But I’d welcome death in the end, if only because the alternative was even more frightening.

Popular girl Blake Ehlert has it all: a prime spot on the cheerleading squad, a jock boyfriend who’s strong and sensitive, and the winning vote for Homecoming Queen two years in a row. But when she strikes up a conversation with loner John Kelly, her entire world starts to crumble.

John Kelly is a vampire—what’s known to his kind as a Compeller. It’s his job to recruit human Donors with a particular blood type.

And Blake is his next target.

Melissa Luznicky Garrett is an author of adult and young adult novels. She lives in upstate New York with her husband, three children, and numerous animals. Melissa is currently hard at work on her next project. Visit Melissa’s blog or connect with her on Facebook.

Blood Type is available in print through Create Space, or in print and digital through Amazon.

Stop by Melissa’s blog starting September 22nd and enter to win a signed print copy of Blood Type. All are welcome to participate. The winner will be chosen and announced October 1st. Also, claim your free Kindle copy of Melissa's previous YA Paranormal, The Spirit Keeper, on Amazon September 22nd through September 26th. *As always, please make sure it's marked as free before you download.*

*****

My preteen daughter read The Spirit Keeper and loved it. You can find her review here. In addition, I read and loved her novel, Turning Point. See the review here.

Have a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

Elise Fallson said...

This is going on my To Read list NOW! Can't wait for your review. (:

Jo Michaels said...

I hopped on over and entered to win. Thanks for the heads up! Looks like a good read :)

WRITE ON!

Tia Bach said...

Elise and Jo, This really is a great book! Plus, Melissa is such a friend to writers. My review is up on Mom in Love with Fiction. Hop over and check it out at http://etjrmbach.blogspot.com/2012/09/blood-type-melissa-luznicky-garrett-5.html.