Mom and I love literature, and we are avid readers and book club participants in addition to our writing. To both of us a book is a favorite if long after you put it down you still wonder about the characters. We hope you will wonder and care about Krista and Abby long after you are finished with Depression Cookies.
Our Favorite Reads Over the Last 10 Years
1. Yellow Raft in Blue Water, Michael Dorris
2. Stones from the River, Ursula Hegi
3. The Book Thief, Markus Zusak
4. Sarah's Key, Tatiana de Rosnay
5. The Secret Life of Bees, Sue Monk Kidd
1. Stones from the River, Ursula Hegi
2. Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man, Fannie Flagg
3. Sophie's World, A Novel about the History of Philosophy, Jostein Gaarder
4. I Know this Much is True, Wally Lamb
5. The Honk and Holler Opening Soon, Billie Letts
(CLOSE 6th - The Help, Kathryn Stockett - and my number 1 read in the last 12 months - to see more of my top 5 in the last 12 months, please see my Mom in Love with Fiction blog at http://etjrmbach.blogspot.com/)
We'd LOVE to know your top 5 favorite books (in any time period). Please leave your list in the comments section below.