June 2, 2014

Reviews & Puppies: ROW80

Over the weekend, I was thrilled to receive a 5-star review of Chasing Shadows from Readers Favorite. An excerpt:

Tia Silverthorne Bach has written a heart pounding, thrilling and fast-paced adventure story. The intoxicating and interesting world she created could easily transfer to the big screen. If you enjoy a paranormal romance with lots of high risk adventure, mystery, featuring a coming-of-age character then you will love reading Chasing Shadows. I was enthralled as events unfolded before me. I am now a fan and can't wait to read the next installment of the series.

Read the entire review here

Too bad Readers Favorite doesn't share reviews with Amazon (some issues between the two). Speaking of Amazon, I've had two readers contact me because they tried leaving reviews and couldn't. One was denied outright (they tried twice and were denied twice -- Amazon told the reviewer she wasn't following the review guidelines, but the review I saw was fine). Another was able to post (and was a verified purchase) and was taken down -- two times!

I just don't get it. I'm going to write Amazon Customer Service today, especially about the one who is a verified purchase. There's no excuse for taking down her review.

Many of you know my family lost our 10-year-old Boxer, Jazzy, to stomach cancer in April. This weekend, we adopted two puppies (sisters!). So I wanted to welcome the newest Bachs: Sarabi & Nala. Anyone with kids should know right away where we got the names.




*****

It's Monday, so it's time for my A Round of Words in 80 Days (ROW80) check-in. Sadly, there's not much to report today. I'm waiting for an edit to come back for a second go-through, and I'm watching two puppies. It's like having newborns!

My goal is to write at least 1,000 words over the next three days on Chasing Forgiveness. I need a measurable goal to get my butt in gear.

Wishing everyone a great week!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful review! I must check out that site next time I'm looking for something to read.

Will you post an update on the response you get from Amazon about the review posting issue?

Sarabi and Nala are gorgeous. Wishing you much joy and fun with them.

All the best.

krystal jane said...

Well deserved review! ^_^

I've heard a few other people complain about reviews disappearing from the site. I hope they get the kinks worked out. It's kind of ridiculous.

Puppies! ^_^ Great names, too.

Fallon said...

Adorable puppies!!

Good luck with your goals.

Shan Jeniah Burton said...

OOH! PUPPIES!!!!

Gotta love puppies.

I'd say any words at all would be gravy for those pups to lick off your fingers. Greetings, Srabi and Nala (that movie has deep meaning in our family).

Eden "Kymele" Mabee said...

Puppies... and impending kitten at our house. Seems the season for adopting fuzzy family members.

Nice review too, Tia. Glad you got it. Now, get writing the rest of that series. ;-)

Jo Michaels said...

Sucks that review couldn't go up on Amazon. It was awesome! Get that book written, lady! I can't wait to read it :)

WRITE ON!