Scattered is a state I often find myself in lately. Round 3 has been a cacophony of things to do sounding off in my head, rising to a piercing scream that renders me utterly useless.
Am I making any sense?
I barely make sense to myself these days.
Even if I can manage to set aside all the to-dos surrounding my personal life, I am overwhelmed with all the things I want to do for my author life.
A small list:
- Research for Chasing Memories Book 2
- Writing Chasing Memories Book 2
- Depression Cookies to Smashwords
- Create a Website for Tia Bach, Author
- Marketing Materials for Chasing Memories
- Finish Depression Cookies Book 2 (already 40K in)
- Author Platform Work
- Social Media Obligations
So, I tend to jump to the thing I can finish quickly... a blog post, an editing project. Anything that satisfies my intense need to accomplish something. Anything that fulfills the desire to mark a project done.
The best writing I've done in the last year was NaNo, because I felt focused. I was NOT going to lose a challenge.
Now, how do I motivate myself to accumulate words and squelch the scattered voices in my head?